List of Forge server Jar's?

I noticed there isn’t a list of forge server executables for the new Mineos-NodesJS. Is there any plan to support this?

The conditions for me to add any given server software to the profiles page are these:

1. is it legal for me to link to? (spigot, I’m looking at you!)
  2. is it a single-step process? (spigot, I’m looking at you again!)
  3. Is there a way for me to easily (and reliably) access all the URLs for the downloads?

In the case of forge, the downloads are accessible, but they aren’t reliably retrieved.

http://files.minecraftforge.net - gives easy access to all files, but requires HTML parsing.
http://files.minecraftforge.net/minecraftforge/ - same thing here, requires HTML parsing.

If theres a place that we can find that can provide these URLs in a highly parseable format, such as XML, RSS, JSON, I’d happily add all the forge downloads.

I placed a thread on the forums for Forge. (here)

Hopefully between you and them, something can be worked out so that Forge can be supported in MineOS.

Their reply says there already is a JSON available for parsing. It doesn’t seem readily apparent to me. If you can get the URL, I can work with it.

Is this recent? Doesn’t seem so, but I don’t really work with forge much, so hearing from the community would give me a better idea.

It doesn’t appear that Forge is a single step process:

will@willonubuntu:/var/games/minecraft/servers/asdf$ java -jar forge-1.8-11.14.3.1513-universal.jar --installServer
We appear to be missing one or more essential library files.
You will need to add them to your server before FML and Forge will run successfully.java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:274)
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:25)
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12)

Am I even working with the server software or the client? I don’t know forge well.

The universal is just the mod portion of Forge. You need to run:

`forge-1.8-11.14.3.1513-installer.jar --installServer`

which creates everything that the server needs, and then you execute forge-1.8-11.14.3.1513-universal.jar to run the server, which could be selected from the dropdown within the server properties that allows selection of the jar.

As best as i can tell, that’s the current list of both latest and recommended builds as seen on files.minecraftforge.net. it has 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2, etc.

It only goes back to minecraft version 1.5.2 as i believe before that the install method was different / more complex, and not the system they use now.

Already have most of it implemented in the webui. But the problem I’m having right now has nothing to do with MineOS.

will@willonubuntu:/var/games/minecraft/servers/ffff$ java -jar forge-1.6.3-9.11.0.878-installer.jar --installServer
Installing server to current directory
MESSAGE: Considering library net.java.jinput:jinput-platform:2.0.5
The server installed successfully, you should now be able to run the file minecraftforge-universal-1.6.3-9.11.0.878.jar
You can delete this installer file now if you wish
will@willonubuntu:/var/games/minecraft/servers/ffff$ ls
cron.config                           minecraftforge-universal-1.6.3-9.11.0.878.jar  server.properties
forge-1.6.3-9.11.0.878-installer.jar  minecraft_server.1.6.3.jar
libraries                             server.config
will@willonubuntu:/var/games/minecraft/servers/ffff$ java -jar minecraftforge-universal-1.6.3-9.11.0.878.jar nogui
We appear to be missing one or more essential library files.
You will need to add them to your server before FML and Forge will run successfully.java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:274)
        at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:30)
        at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:17)

forge-1.8-11.14.3.1513-installer.jar --installServer is already done. I’m just trying to start the server–manually–from the command line.

As per http://minecraft.codeemo.com/mineoswiki/index.php?title=Forge

1.6.x and previous require manual jar META-INF adjustments

So it may not be possible to support 1.6.x and earlier forge from the webui. I don’t know.

I did the following in ~/temp (i used an ubuntu server 15.4 vm)

wget http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.8-11.14.3.1513/forge-1.8-11.14.3.1513-installer.jar

let this command run, it’ll stop and return to a prompt.

java -jar forge-1.8-11.14.3.1513-installer.jar --installServer

This command will spam some error text as it cant find files such as ops.json, etc, eventually it’ll prompt you to accept the eula, at which point I killed the process(ctrl-c). Edit the eula, set to true, then rerun this command. You’ll see a few more errors as it finish creating the missing files, but the server starts after that.

java -jar forge-1.8-11.14.3.1513-universal.jar

It’s my belief that any command you can issue you minecraft_server.jar can be passe to the forge jar, and it will in turn pass it to the actual server jar that is downloaded by the installer.

This functionality is already 100% working in a new branch: https://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node/tree/forge_profiles

The problem is that there is no indicator of a forge-related failure when it fails on 1.6.x

i did a test run using 1.6.4, had no errors. 1.6.3 fails, but apparently it is broken, and wasn’t ever fixed as they moved to 1.6.4 as 1.6.3 had some sort of critical error.

(Ever wondered why nobody uses 1.6.3? Exactly: it’s broken. Just use 1.6.4, it’s technically the same as 1.6.2. If anybody needs 1.6.2, they are doing something wrong). (source)

Ooo shiny. Thank you so very much. Now to go and play with it.

I would suggest just ignoring the entry for 1.6.3. altogether.

Once again, thank you.

i found the json for the full list of downloads, not just the most recent dev build / recommended build, but as the admin over on forge indicated, they didn’t want to just put it out there. Is there a way i can send you a link to the forum post i found it on, so that you can include that in the forge build?

Pretty much each profile group can get one HTTP request, and I’m using the promotions one.

I pulled these changes into the master branch and it actually takes care of --installServer for the user now. And then lastly, it’s actually only showing 1.7.x+, They seem to work. If almost all 1.6.x versions work, I’ll think about removing that filter (did these commits without seeing your posts here).

The only thing I really need to fix is I need the runnable jar dropdown to AUTO refresh after the server goes down. Right now, the user has to refresh it after the --installServer, either through browser refresh or the “refresh server list” options.

Other than that, I can start 1.7 and 1.8 servers from the webui now without any additional knowledge.

Sounds great. Thank you again for looking into this, and making it happen.

Tom.

This is now also done in the latest commit. When you start the server with the installer jar, it pops up a notice that the background process went down and the jar dropdown is now auto-refreshed.

Not sure if it’s a just forge profiles in the new commit or all profiles but I seem to have a problem.

this is the set of errors when I download a new profile then copy it into a new server.

{“profile”:{“id”:“1.7.10-recommended”,“time”:1433916699,“releaseTime”:1433916699,“type”:“release”,“group”:“forge”,“webui_desc”:“Forge Jar (build 1448)”,“weight”:0,“downloaded”:true,“filename”:“forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-installer.jar”,“version”:“1.7.10”,“release_version”:“10.13.4.1448”,“url”:“http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.7.10-10.13.4.1448/forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-installer.jar",“$$hashKey”:“object:1648”},“command”:“download”,“level”:“info”,“message”:"[WEBUI] Received emit command from 192.168.1.3:root”,“timestamp”:“2015-09-12T04:40:01.799Z”}
{“level”:“error”,“message”:“[WEBUI] Server was unable to download file: http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.7.10-10.13.4.1448/forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-installer.jar",“timestamp”:"2015-09-12T04:40:01.981Z”}
{“server”:“nginx”,“date”:“Sat, 12 Sep 2015 04:41:20 GMT”,“content-type”:“text/html”,“content-length”:“162”,“connection”:“keep-alive”,“vary”:“Accept-Encoding”,“level”:“error”,“message”:“[WEBUI] Remote server returned status 404 with headers:”,“timestamp”:“2015-09-12T04:40:01.981Z”}
{“level”:“info”,“message”:“[WEBUI] Downloading official profiles.”,“timestamp”:“2015-09-12T04:40:01.982Z”}
{“level”:“info”,“message”:“[ordonew] 192.168.1.3 issued command : "modify_sc"”,“timestamp”:“2015-09-12T04:40:03.034Z”}
{“level”:“info”,“message”:“[ordonew] received request "modify_sc"”,“timestamp”:“2015-09-12T04:40:03.034Z”}
{“level”:“info”,“message”:“[ordonew] 192.168.1.3 issued command : "modify_sc"”,“timestamp”:“2015-09-12T04:42:10.091Z”}
{“level”:“info”,“message”:“[ordonew] received request "modify_sc"”,“timestamp”:“2015-09-12T04:42:10.092Z”}
{“level”:“info”,“message”:“[ordonew] 192.168.1.3 issued command : "copy_profile"”,“timestamp”:“2015-09-12T04:42:18.158Z”}
{“level”:“info”,“message”:“[ordonew] received request "copy_profile"”,“timestamp”:“2015-09-12T04:42:18.159Z”}
{“command”:“copy_profile”,“uuid”:“a5d68ce0-5908-11e5-9462-4f3f72ae0dbd”,“time_initiated”:1442032938159,“success”:false,“err”:1,“time_resolved”:1442032938198,“level”:“error”,“message”:“[ordonew] command "copy_profile" errored out:”,“timestamp”:“2015-09-12T04:42:18.200Z”}

On 9/11/2015 5:12 PM, hexparrot wrote:

[hexparrot] hexparrot Elder
September 12
hexparrot:

The only thing I really need to fix is I need the runnable jar dropdown to AUTO refresh after the server goes down. Right now, the user has to refresh it after the --installServer, either through browser refresh or the "refresh server list" options.

This is now also done in the latest commit. When you start the server with the installer jar, it pops up a notice that the background process went down and the jar dropdown is now auto-refreshed.

To respond, visit List of Forge server Jar's? - #17 by hexparrot in your browser.

To unsubscribe from these emails, visit your user preferences.

To stop receiving notifications about this particular topic, click here.

It doesn’t seem to have downloaded. Try downloading it again, or a different forge one?

What’s the best practice for updating mineos-nodes?