WebUI download for Forge seems to be corrupted, can't figure out how to manually install

I get a 404 message when I try to download forge 1.7.10 through the WebUI. I’ve tried to follow a few guides to install forge manually, but when I start the server it goes up and then crashes after about 20s. I’m sure I’m missing something. I’ve been following these guides:

http://minuscraft.com/mineos-installing-forge/
https://minecraft.codeemo.com/mineoswiki/index.php?title=Forge

This is a duplicate of this issue: Error with Forge download link for 1.7.* and 1.9.*

Forge has done a minor change in their download link, that makes the link MineOS uses wrong. See linked post for more info

Server Installer, Win-Installer and Universal Forge (all different) files can be D/L from here:

I use 1.7.10 - 10.13.4.1558, myself.

Would I make a new profile directory, and put only the installer into it, and place that in /var/games/minecraft/profiles , and then select it when making my new server? A lot of the guides I have found mention the WebUI having a “create new profile” ability that seems to have been removed in previous versions.

AFAIK the permissions set for the ‘profiles’ folder are for ‘root’ only.

The ‘archives’ folder are set for both root and mc, for example.

As iMelsom mentions there, you should be able to put your forge in the ‘server’ folder (permissions set to mc) and be good to go.

Good Luck!

This is the error I keep getting when the server crashes:

Description: Exception in server tick loop

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/Minecraft
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:163)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:544)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:87)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:314)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:117)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/Minecraft
at com.minimap.XaeroMinimap.(XaeroMinimap.java:49)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:348)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:440)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:513)
… 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.Minecraft
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
… 31 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Attempted to load class bao for invalid side SERVER
at cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.SideTransformer.transform(SideTransformer.java:50)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:279)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:176)
… 33 more

Is that wheezy or jessie?

What forge was it? forge-win? universal? installer?

where did you put it when you ‘ran’ it?

how did you ‘run’ it?

Makes me think you chose forge-win?

Pretty much confirms it, I think.

Sorry, never mind.

First off, this is a Forge - error, not a MineOS, so you should really take this to the forge forums (http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/) since they are the best ones to help with troubles installing forge.

Secondly:
Forge for minecraft 1.9 and newer is pretty much still in development and has a lot of issues. You might be better of running the 1.8.9 version.

@tNt also has a point: Which version of forge 1.9 did you download? You need the forge installer ( http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.9-12.16.0.1865-1.9/forge-1.9-12.16.0.1865-1.9-installer.jar )

So that suggests I used the windows installer instead of the server installer? I’m pretty sure I used the generaic .jar installer, not .exe.

http://minuscraft.com/mineos-installing-forge/

This is the main guide I’d been trying to follow

Although it was made when you could make custom profiles in the webUI, which you can no longer do. I think my problem is occurring somewhere between that step and the next.

Yes, old guide. Forget it.

Thanks!

So… which guide should I be following to install Forge 1.7.10?..

Answer please, I miss you?

This guide would be a good start.

“As long as you only need it for one server, you can just pop it straight into the server folder. No need to go via the profile folder. It should then show in the available jars list more or less automagically”

@iMelsom I’m trying to get Forge 1.7.10 to run, not 1.9. I downloaded the installer and universal .jars from the forge site ; http://files.minecraftforge.net/

But why are you not using the profile manager in MineOS to download and start?
if you press the profiles button on the side, and select forge in the pulldown menu you have the choicse of several versions of forge, from 1.7.2 reccomended up to 1.8.9-latest (the 1.9-latest do not work due to a link error).

Just press download on the one you want, go to your server, select the apropriate profile, press “copy to server folder” set as active jar and press strart…

Because this i guess. and he is correct. it happened to me as well recently.