Profiles not updating

Just downloaded the latest MineOS tkl x64 and the latest spigot in profile is 1.9.4 and I have refreshed list many times in the past 30 mins and no change in list

What is your MineOS build?
Where did you download MineOS from?
Do your MineOS have access to the Internet?

downloaded from https://minecraft.codeemo.com/mineoswiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
git commit: 0e45be7,
yes I can see the bungee server online just can’t get any spigot servers to start

That ISO and commit is from 23 Feb 2016. The latest commit is 23f10ac : https://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node/commits/master

You probably need to update the WebUI to get the profiles updated : https://minecraft.codeemo.com/mineoswiki/index.php?title=Updating_the_Webui

1 Like

How do I fix this

npm WARN deprecated node-uuid@1.4.8: Use uuid module instead
npm WARN engine apache-crypt@1.1.2: wanted: {“node”:">=5"} (current: {“node”:“4. 8.6”,“npm”:“2.15.11”})

Looks like your instaled version of NPM is to old and also need upgrading. But I’m not really sure about the node/NPM dependencies in the rest of MineOS, so I’ll let @hexparrot answer this one.

(or you could just go for it and try: google"Turnkey upgrade NPM" or “Debian upgrade NPM”)

It’s fixed by using a node version greater than or equal to 5.x. However, it’s a warning, not an error, which means it’s merely suggesting an upgrade, rather than requiring one. I’d personally recommend you stay at the 4.8.6 simply because I do all my testing against 4.x.

I’ll check tomorrow about removing that node-uuid; I’m pretty sure that I’ve already eliminated all use of that old module, but I just didn’t remove the listing in the npm manifest package.json

I have ran the update script 3 times and I’m still on git commit: 0e45be7

Did you do all three parts?

git fetch
   git merge origin/master
   npm install

did you restart MineOS after updating?

service mineos stop
service mineos start

Restarting MineOS this way do not restart your Minecraft Servers.

I get unrecognized server if I run service mineos stop

Try:

supervisorctl start mineos 
supervisorctl stop mineos

I’m using a different path of MineOS’ing: I installed Ubuntu server, then added MineOS on top, instead of using the preconfigured ISO’s, so some commands are different for me.

(Or if you have no Minecraft servers running, or clients connected you couls simply reboot the entire computer:

as root:  
reboot now

)

the supervisor worked,I seem to be having trouble with Java now,I do javac -version and get command not found

_ use to use these commands they don’t work on this version

add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
apt-get update
apt-get install oracle-java8-installer
apt-get install oracle-java8-set-default

_

I think I just found it

echo “deb Index of /webupd8team/java/ubuntu xenial main” | tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-java.list
echo “deb-src Index of /webupd8team/java/ubuntu xenial main” | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-java.list
apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys EEA14886
apt-get update
apt-get install oracle-java8-installer
exit

We have now moved from a MineOS issue (MineOS version to old) to a linux os (Turnkey issue).

first off:
usually I use “java -version” and not “javac -version”. Hexparrot wrote a bit about that (and expected versions) here: Servers won’t start after Java 7 to 8 Upgrade

User tNt alsowrote about java updating in Hexparrot megathread : Megathread for MineOS webui issues

servers are starting now that I have java 8 installed

1 Like

after a reboot of MineOS now I can’t start or stop any servers, the main reason I started this whole thing

What do the logs say?

when server start no errors, they are running now, but I can’t stop them

In the Web Ui, at the “logs” section, at the bottom, you can write in minecraft system commands. if you write in the command “stop” it’ll do the same thing as the button, but directly on the server.

If I could use console I would be in heaven but that don’t work, nothing works,I can’t create servers from import, drop down boxes will not drop. Stop and Start buttons do nothing, if I choose to kill server still will not do stop server.

I’m running
Linux core 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.93-1 x86_64
Welcome to Core, TurnKey Linux 13.0 / Debian 7.11 Wheezy

with Java 8 b151 and nothing works anymore