Building Spigot

When I attempted to build Spigot it ran for quite a while, everything appeared to be working correctly… until the following popped up:
Rebuilding Forked projects…
applyPatches.sh: 7: applyPatches.sh: function: not found
fatal: ambiguous argument ‘’: unknown revision or path not in the working tree. Use ‘–’ to separate paths from revisions
Resetting to …
error: Could not remove config section ‘remote.upstream’
fatal: ambiguous argument ‘upstream/upstream’: unknown revision or path not in the working tree. Use ‘–’ to separate paths from revisions
Applying patches to …
Resolve operation not in progress, we are not resuming.
/usr/lib/git-core/git-am: 203: /usr/lib/git-core/git-am: cannot open /var/games/minecraft/profiles/spigot_1.11.1/Spigot/-Patches/*.patch: No such file
Something did not apply cleanly to . Please review above details and finish the apply then save the changes with rebuildPatches.sh
Error compiling Spigot. Please check the wiki for FAQs. If this does not resolve your issue then please pastebin the entire BuildTools.log.txt file when seeking support. java.lang.RuntimeException: Error running command, return status !=0: [/bin/sh, applyPatches.sh] at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.runProcess(Builder.java:552) at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.main(Builder.java:434)

I am new to Debian and Linux in general, not sure what I need to do now.
Thanks,
GDH

This is related to [resolved] Building Spigot / Craftbukkit fails - solution: update WebUI

Please read post for workaround.

(spigot and craftbukkit shares build method and buildtools).