[resolved] Building Spigot / Craftbukkit fails - solution: update WebUI

It seems the latest release of buildtools.jar has changed something in the way it handles variables and versions. When I try to build any version (tested 1.11, 1.10.2, 1.10.1) it fails with the following errors:

fatal: ambiguous argument '': unknown revision or path not in the working tree. Use '--' to separate paths from revisions, like this: 'git [...] -- [...]'
Resetting to ...
error: Could not remove config section 'remote.upstream'
fatal: ambiguous argument 'upstream/upstream': unknown revision or path not in the working tree. Use '--' to separate paths from revisions, like this: 'git [...] -- [...]'
Applying patches to ...
fatal: Resolve operation not in progress, we are not resuming.
fatal: could not open '/var/games/minecraft/profiles/spigot_1.11/Spigot/-Patches/*.patch' for reading: No such file or directory
Something did not apply cleanly to . Please review above details and finish the apply then save the changes with rebuildPatches.sh
Error compiling Spigot. Please check the wiki for FAQs. If this does not resolve your issue then please pastebin the entire BuildTools.log.txt file when seeking support.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error running command, return status !=0: [/bin/sh, applyPatches.sh]
at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.runProcess(Builder.java:552) at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.main(Builder.java:434) 

When I build it manually (using the same buildtools.jar, but providing version info) it runs through without errors.
To build manually (and get a 1.11 version) I had to use the command
java -jar BuildTools.jar --rev 1.11

I also read on the Spigotmc forum that they have released support for 1.11, but not made it default for buildtools yet. I think it may be this is a possible root for the error above. Would it be an idea to allways specify the version number in your build script?
I suggest that

2 Likes

May you make a tutorial on how to upgrade? Thanks!
:wink:

Manual build of buildtools:

In profiles:
Download latest (or wanted) minecraft vanilla version (Mojang version)

In Spigot/Craftbukkit:
Download latest buildtools.jar

You need to have buildtools.jar in your server directory.
It may be copied from its profile location: /var/games/minecraft/profiles/BuildTools-latest/

I think you may need to copy the latest minecraft server jar as well
location (if downloaded through profiles): /var/games/minecraft/profiles/1.11/

Through SSH (mc user is enough) enter your server directory:
cd /var/games/minecraft/servers/your server name/

run the following command:
java -jar BuildTools.jar --rev 1.11

Then Wait untill it is done. It takes a while

When done, open WebUI, and the file "craftbukkit-1.11.jar should appear in your runnable jar dropdown menu in your server status.

Sorry folks. No you dont. Buildtools download it itself when needed: )

1 Like

Okie, thanks!
So I just need to download the normal BuildTools from the WebUI and then place the special command line in via SSH/SFTP?

I’m not too confident with SHH/SFTP at the moment…

Yes, you do need to do things through ssh.

You do not need sfpt this time, since MineOS has all the files needed.

Alright, I shall look into this further to get 1.11 Spigot…
I require this for my upcoming network.

I’ve sucessfully did it! That sounds a bit stale, but this was also my first real time with SHH/SFTP accessing.

2 Likes

Is it planned that this be corrected in Mineos Webui ?

Is this issue still existent? I have never experienced this issue in dozens upon dozens of attempts and they all work–I’m not sure how to reproduce this issue and I literally just now built 1.11, 1.10 and 1.9.

This already is the command that is produced so I’m not entirely sure why only doing it manually would make it work properly.

1 Like

Just updated my WebUI (I am lousy at that part;D ) and can confirm that it should work for all versions again.

I am not sure why this was a problem on the earlier version of MineOS I ran (and why some users still are having problems). Since it seems that a udated WebUI works, I wil reccomend users to try updating their webui next time anyone runs into troubles :slight_smile:

(was at commit: d9a604b, now on commit: f3ef584)

1 Like

@iMelsom Thanks for following up on this. When some of these old threads get resurrected its hard for me to tell which is still an ongoing (unfixed) issue vs. something that is ongoing (because of an old version) issue.

I think I’m gonna pull in the ‘FTBInstall.sh’ button then, too, to help encourage full workflows into staying in the webui entirely. Didn’t get too much testing feedback, but I think it’s largely a safe button (because it can also just be ignored).

1 Like