Webui loads then pauses

Ensure the settings used are correct? Such as protocol being SSH, port 22, hostname/ip matching the one you have in WinSCP, I mean I don’t think there’s a way to have WinSCP work but not PuTTY, though I could always be wrong about that but logically with the way it works I don’t think there’s a way unless neither of them work.

There’s actually a PuTTY button in WinSCP where if you have both WinSCP and PuTTY installed (not portable versions, unless both their executables are in the same location) you can click that button and it opens a PuTTY window with the same connection information WinSCP is using as well as username and PuTTY just prompts you for your password to continue.

I have winscp using a different port then putty. Also if I use mySQL is that better then sqlite for dynmap

well the putty issue must be a port since I used same one as winSCP I was able to log in

top - 13:25:47 up 13:35, 1 user, load average: 0.74, 0.85, 0.86
Tasks: 117 total, 1 running, 116 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
%Cpu(s): 18.4 us, 3.2 sy, 0.0 ni, 78.4 id, 0.0 wa, 0.0 hi, 0.1 si, 0.0 st
KiB Mem: 32879036 total, 29881920 used, 2997116 free, 326200 buffers
KiB Swap: 33412092 total, 40952 used, 33371140 free, 10360196 cached

Well personally I’ve not tested MySQL vs SQlite, however I do know that SQlite is file based as in it consists of a single file on your drive, which also makes it really portable since you can pretty much just move it around anywhere anytime pretty freely just like any other file; it’s also a lot faster, easier, and less complicated to get set up to work/use with Dynmap, especially since Dynmap does all that for you. Anything beyond that I probably wouldn’t be able to answer without doing deeper research into it. I guess one advantage of MySQL is you can have it on a completely separate system (though it’s just a database so it wouldn’t really make all that much of a difference when it comes to Dynmap, and you can also store SQlite files elsewhere as well and just symbolically link to it, which negates that advantage).

well I’m testing dynmap on mysql, it’s doing a full render now I have noticed it took about 7 mins to do a reboot of the server. last time Webui glitched like this I had corrupt server files. just need command lines to make current archive so I can delete this one and replace it with archive

been reading that and I get no such file or folder, logged in as root

./mineos_console.js -s vanilla start
./mineos_console.js -s vanilla stop

Well I’m not sure if you should be logged in as root for this but reason why you get no such file or folder is because it does not exist in your current folder; “./” signifies something in the current directory. MineOS scripts are installed to /usr/games/minecraft and should be in there, then those commands should work. You can either cd to the directory or point to it directly from whatever directory you’re currently in.

it works as root as long as I’m in the correct directory, Thanks

I would therefore expect issues to arise if you intend to do things as your non-root user, such as mc.

Starting a server, stopping, committing files to disk–as root make those files owned by root. Further attempts to then access/modify those files as MineOS does (as not root) will fail due to normal linux permissions.

I recommend against doing things that are server-related as root, and would specifically recommend that you chown -R your servers back to the expected user ownership.

don’t think I changed ownership I was just stopping and start the servers till I figured out how to fix webui

After changing dynmap to store it’s data via mySQL and deleting the old data files, Webui seems to be more responsive, but still stops loading. when logged in with putty I run stop commands I get this message. Earlier I was able to run that command but I was logged as root, and was told I should not use that user to control the servers.

mc@core games/minecraft$ ./mineos_console.js -s survival stop
[survival] Error executing “stop” because server condition not met: exists

Sounds like this is the case here.

I read wrong the first time I will try my best to figure out the exact command, Thanks

chown -R mc:mc /var/games/minecraft/servers/[myservername]

ok that fixed the command line issue, Webui is still not completely loading, I see most of my servers but can’t control anything from panel. Last time I had this issue I believe I made current archive and delete current server then made new server. I wish I didn’t lose my notes on the commands and how it was done

Everything I have done has failed to repair Webui. Is there another way to make restore points and run them, also archives till I figure out whats wrong. My servers keep starting themselves back up after I run stop command -s servername stop, not sure why or how to stop them from starting back up while I’m trying to re-create them

Can you provide the contents of the MineOS log file at /var/log/mineos.log?

MineOS has a ‘start up at boot-time’ option, but the ‘stopping’ functionality doesn’t have any restart ability, so them just ‘starting themselves up again’ definitely shouldn’t be happening–not even sure how it could.

I guess I should be deleting that log more often it’s 127MB do you want the whole file

Probably the last hundred lines or a bit more would do.

Realistically 1mb would usually do it…but I have no idea what could possibly have created 127 mb of log, so make sure that no matter how much you cut off, it has at least the last two “base_directory found in mineos.conf” lines.