Users cannot access server from outside network

Actually, there is no reason to force IPv4 over IPv6, being that if a website cannot be found/loaded via IPv6 it will automatically search via IPv4 to load the page, and display an error if both ways fail. The only other reason to force IPv4 would be if a certain website doesn’t work correctly over IPv6 but it is available over the protocol.

Just so you know, this website is currently an IPv4 only site, and although your PC/browser attempts an IPv6 connection first, it will still fall back to IPv4 to load this site and others.

Can you explain why my public IPv4 address doesn’t work then?

Zone said my port forwarding was fine. My problem is I give them my public IP with the portforward, yet it still doesn’t let them connect. My firmware is V2.02.08 btw. I am well aware MineOS is not the problem.

If your IPv4 address didn’t work, you wouldn’t even be able to access this site, as it’s an IPv4-only site. IPv4 and IPv6 aren’t cross-compatible with each other (although they do have 6-to-4 tunnels but that’s unrelated).

I just did some research on your router, and I realize that it isn’t supported by DD-WRT, however it is supported by OpenWRT (more info on that here), and it also appears to be supported by Tomato as well.

We’ve essentially eliminated the possibility of it being an error within the system and have been lead to believe that it is related to networking (well, it obviously has to be now).

You mean DDNS (Dynamic Domain Name Server), actually it isn’t required at all; all that’s used for is to create an easier to remember IP/address so that you wouldn’t have to memorize an IP address, especially since most people have Dynamic IPs from their ISPs rather than Static IPs. As for DNS, without it, you’d have to remember the IP addresses of servers or else typing web addresses wouldn’t work; both essentially translate web addresses into IPs for your devices to connect/communicate with.

Local/Private IPv4 Network Address Ranges:

• 10.x.x.x, supports up to 16,777,216 Local IPv4 addresses.
  • 172.16.x.x - 172.31.x.x, supports up to 1,048,576 Local IPv4 Addresses.
  • 192.168.x.x, supports up to 65,536 Local IPv4 Addresses.

Public/External IPv4 Network Address Ranges:

• Any IPv4 address that doesn’t fall in the above ranges.

Did a bit more research on OpenWRT and Tomato, as an early warning, OpenWRT doesn’t come with a Web UI by default, meaning you’ll have to use commandline via SSH the same way you would with MineOS (you can optionally install a Web UI afterwards or create a custom image including one), and as for Tomato, it only supports revision 3 of your router model (more info here) but it does come with it’s own Web UI.

Let’s try to keep it as simple as we can.

steps to ensure minecraft is connectable locally

• turn off iptables
  • find 192 address of your host.
  • log onto webui, ensure server s.p. Has no ip-address filled in
  • start server

These are just the steps to ensure local connectivity. Then:

steps to ensure minecraft is connectable remotely

• get your wan ip from whatismyipaddress.com
  • check online port scanners that will check your IPv4 address. Check ping, 22, 8443, 25565

Take note which of these succeed. Ask your friend from outside your network to connect to this IP. If not all four services go through, that could be a problem.

If he can’t Connect, provided all other steps here were done, it’s an ISP issue perhaps blocking ports. You could try, then, hosting a different ip, like 25570.

DNS/DDNS is not important here. IPv6 is not relevant here. If the online port scanner sees all four services, IPv4 is working as intended and you can ignore IPv6 Anyway.

I definitely do not think that modifying the router above and beyond these steps is necessary; I feel DMZ is pretty ubiquitous and shouldn’t require any firmware updating, etc.

I could be wrong, of course, but I’m leaning on the side of unlikely that any modern router can’t handle DMZ/port forwarding out of box.