Updated OS from Ubuntu Server 16.04 to 18.04

As the title reads, I updated my server. At first, the webUI wouldn’t load and the server wasn’t running. Not a big deal, I can reinstall the server software, it’s just following the commands for a systemd-based Ubuntu install.

The problem? None of my saved worlds show in the webUI. They’re all still there in /var/games/mincraft/servers, but none of them show up in the webUI. Any insights?

Are you logged in as the same user that the worlds are owned by?

Use ls -la /var/games/minecraft/servers to see the current owners of the servers and make sure that matches the user you’re logging into the webui as.

Yes, that was the first thing I made sure of. After the OS update, the files’ ownership changed to root, so I made sure I changed them all back to the “mc” user and group. I just double-checked and verified they are all owned by the"m " user, and I’m logging into the webUI as that user.

I will mention that when I log into the webUI, it doesn’t show the user name in the upper right corner for some reason.

You might need to run npm again, in case larger changes in your system rendered some of your npm modules incompatible.

As root:

cd /usr/games/minecraft
rm -rf node_modules
npm install --unsafe-perm

Then also likely there are detailed error messages in your /var/log/mineos.log.

That did the trick, thanks!

Okay, so it made all the saved worlds show up in the webUI, but now none of them will start. I downloaded the latest JAR file for the server, but when I select each one’s profile and runnable jar file to the current server version, it just doesn’t start.

Considering I had to download1.13.2 after the webUI started working and the worlds loaded in the webUI, I tried changing the version to 1.13.1 instead because it was already present before I downloaded 1.13.2. But neither version made the world start. I’m at a loss now.

Hi.
Please chekc your java version. I did the same operation a while aog, and seem to remember that the upgradeprocess changed or removed my java.

Cripes, you’re right. OpenJDK was set to version 11, and after changing back to 8 the worlds started right up.