First time user here.
I’m planning on installing MineOS as a VM under the Virtualization Hypervisor ProxMox.
My objective with this post is to learn how to do this, but at the same time document the entire process, and create a walkthrough that can be used by others.
For now, consider this a placeholder, but please do chime in if you have any comments or information you think are helpful.
During the initial stage, I will not be updating this post regularly, but I hope to add more information over the coming weeks.
ProxMox has the following hardware recommendations:
- Intel EMT64 or AMD64 with Intel VT/AMD-V CPU flag.
- Memory, minimum 2 GB for OS and Proxmox VE services. Plus designated memory for guests.
- Fast and redundant storage, best results with SSD disks.
- 2 available NICs, additional NICs depending on the preferred configuration.
- For PCI(e) passthrough a CPU with VT-d/AMD-d CPU flag is needed.
- Required Downloads
- Installing ProxMox
- Creating VM container for MineOS
- Installing MineOS
- Set up Networking within ProxMox
- Set up Networking for MineOS Server
- Updating & Securing ProxMox
- Updating & Securing MineOS
- Performance Fine Tuning
- How to backup MineOS
- How to backup specific Minecraft World
- Port Forwarding
- ACL’s & Black/White Listing
- Installation Issues
- Networking Issues
- Administration Issues
- Random Errors & Bugs
MineOS Main Page -
MineOS Support forum -
How to Setup and Use Proxmox - How to Setup and Use Proxmox - YouTube
Proxmox Minecraft Server LXC Container (TurnKey) – Tutorial - Proxmox Minecraft Server LXC Container (TurnKey) - Tutorial - Technium
Hosting my own Minecraft Server - the easy way - Project Pheonix - Hosting my own Minecraft Server - the easy way - Project Pheonix - YouTube
MineOS Turnkey on ProxMox VM server - Tech tips: MineOS Turnkey on ProxMox VM server
Configuring Minecraft Server VM on Proxmox - https://www.reddit.com/r/Proxmox/comments/etuc3r/help_configuring_minecraft_server_vm_on_proxmox/