Unable to create a working FTB Infinity Server

Creating a vanilla server was straightforward and worked like a charm. Creating a running FTB modpack server not so much.

I am using a Docker Container on TrueNas SCALE. When I try to start the server, nothing happens. mineos.log says ‘[My IP] issued command “start” …’ and ‘[Server] recieved request “start” …’ but nothing else. No error.

I did and tried the following:
Download profile from profiles tab
ssh into profiles folder, cp it over to live server files and unzip it, choose profile and jar (FTBServer…jar) (always accept Eula, not gonna repeat this), hit start. Nothing
cp zip to import, create server from import, same outcome.
Go into live server files, run ServerStart.sh (on the shell of the container). This gave me errors about unrecognized jvm options (because they are long removed).
Tried removing or replacing all the problematic options with more recent ones fit for java 17. It then gave me
“java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader”
so I decided to switch to Java 8 entirely, to which it only gave me warnings on the deprecated options but now it also threw
“NoClassDefFoundError org.apache.logging.log4j.Level …
caused by
ClassNotFoundException org.apache.logging.log4j.Level”

Any suggestions?
Thank you kindly