Ubuntu 18.04 Issue

Hi,
I attempted an install on a fresh Ubuntu instance off of the instructions located https://minecraft.codeemo.com/mineoswiki/index.php?title=MineOS-node_(apt-get%2Bsystemd)

after I was done (at least I thought lol)
I tried “systemctl status mineos.service” and it popped up

● mineos.service - Start MineOS minecraft front-end
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/mineos.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2019-02-06 20:26:13 CST; 1h 5min ago
Process: 22076 ExecStart=/usr/bin/node service.js start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Feb 06 20:26:13 Schwifty systemd[1]: Failed to start Start MineOS minecraft front-end.
Feb 06 20:26:13 Schwifty systemd[1]: mineos.service: Service hold-off time over, schedul
Feb 06 20:26:13 Schwifty systemd[1]: mineos.service: Scheduled restart job, restart coun
Feb 06 20:26:13 Schwifty systemd[1]: Stopped Start MineOS minecraft front-end.
Feb 06 20:26:13 Schwifty systemd[1]: mineos.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Feb 06 20:26:13 Schwifty systemd[1]: mineos.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Feb 06 20:26:13 Schwifty systemd[1]: Failed to start Start MineOS minecraft front-end.

Not 100% on what to do from here. I apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate any advice.

[quote]2. Check your logs!
You need to check both mineos.log (in /var/log/ ) and your minecraft server logs (in /var/games/minecraft/servers/[servername]/logs ). You will also most likely be asked to provide these for anyone to be able to help you
[/quote]
I checked there but there was nothing past /var the games directory did not exist

Are you sure/positive you followed the entirety of the installation process correctly? From what I can tell there’s not really anything much useful/helpful from what was provided, but try redoing the installation process over again for MineOS with the link you provided and report back on any errors/warnings if any.

Let’s try starting it manually, then, and then we can see what error is coming up:

cd /usr/games/minecraft
chmod +x ./webui.js
./webui.js

Let us know what is produced to the screen afterwards.

after “chmod +x ./webui” it returns “chmod:cannot access ‘./webui’: No such file or directory”. In the /usr/games/minecraft I did fine webui.js, update webui.sh, reset_webui.sh if that means anything.

I will reattempt this in another instance in the meantime. Thank you

yeah, it was webui.js, my mistake. Did you try it on that?

module.js:549
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module ‘fs-extra’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:547:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:474:25)
at Module.require (module.js:596:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at Object. (/usr/games/minecraft/mineos.js:1:72)
at Module._compile (module.js:652:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:663:10)
at Module.load (module.js:565:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:505:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:497:3)

fs-extra is a node module that I assume is/would be built during the installation of the web ui. The quickest way to fix probably is to just redo/retry the installation process as it’ll do no harm, or by following the reset procedures if you’re sure everything else other than the MineOS Web UI is all good.

1 Like

Specifically during the npm install step.