Ubuntu 14.04 MineOs-node wont start

Why are you doing sudo -i?

The -i means you’re using your user’s login shell–which is not something you want to do–you want root’s login environment. Try sudo su -

oops ment to say su not -i.

Ok well I noticed a trend here as to the crash. It was happening when my brother would start his server (Omegaland) after it would load it crashed the webui. I had him remove all mods and start adding one at a time to find the issue. Seems 3 mods were causing the crash to webui somehow. It’s been up all night as of now but still can’t stop it with (stop mineos or start with start mineos). Thanks for looking into this and helping, very odd that his server was able to cause instability on the webui.

@Kicker, would you share the mods that are acting up? I’m having a very similar issue trying to set up a CrazyCraft server and, come to think of it maybe with a MadPack server.

Thanks!

Also: in 14.04, I’ve been starting and stopping with:

cd /usr/games/minecraft
sudo node service.js start (or status or stop)

Per the Readme.md file at Github: node service.js [start|stop|restart|status] are all available)

You can also use:

sudo node webui.js

to start a session at the console. If you use Linux screen, you should be able to detach it to a background session.

Best,
Jerry

These are the mods my brother said he removed.

ChocolateQuest
Zelda Sword Skills + (one item wasn’t meant for online play)
UpdateChecker
Battletowers

I can also report that it seems to have solved this issue. I hope that this thread at least helps someone tho.

Does anyone konw why these mods would cause problems with MineOS?

[EDIT] I can also confirm that ChocolateQuest, Zelda Sword Skills, and Battletowers cause MineOS-node to crash, while leaving all the game servers running and connectable.

UpdateChecker is client side only.