Start from command line

So I have Mineos Turnkey installed, and was wondering if there was a way to start the server without going through the webUI. I have seen similar posts but can’t seem to figure out how to get the commands to work. Any help will be appreciated :smiley:

Hi Shoto,

Do you also want it to be interactable with the mineOS webUI or not? if not you could technically install screen. Make a new screen and just run the server from that screen you are on. Haven’t tried it myself though. So I am not sure what will happen.

Hi Shoto, if you want to manage the servers outside the webui, you can use mineos_console.js:

Examples:

cd /usr/games/minecraft
./mineos_console.js -s myserver accept_eula

Or other examples:

./mineos_console.js -s myserver start
./mineos_console.js -s myserver kill
./mineos_console.js -s myserver stuff "hello everybody here!"

These commands can be run as root from mineos_console.js, but also can be run by the server owner, as well.

You can also ssh directly into the server, by running the command(on your end, if you are using *nix)
ssh <your_servers_ip> -l root
when prompted for continuing connection, just type yes, and when asked for the password, type the password you would use for the server. If it is the only thing running on the server, you should be able to go into the config directory using
cd /config
there will be a a folder called mineos with all that stuff in it. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much!
The web-ui is sometimes quite unresponsive so this will help out a lot!

Sorry for being so late, I forgot i had posted this until I came back looking for answers to the same question.