Spigot Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile

Hello. Im not sure if this is the right place to post this so sorry if its not. I am unable to get spigot to work but i have managed to get vanilla and forge to work. I have googled but did not find anything helpful
When ever i got to the spigot tab and press build spigot(1.16.1) "BuildTools jar compilation failed
Error undefined (undefined): undefined’ pops up.

Output From BuildTools.Jar:Error:
Invalid or corrupt jarfile /var/games/minecraft/profiles/spigot_1.16.1/BuildTools.jar

From /var/log
{“level”:“error”,“message”:“stderr: Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile /var/games/minecraft/profiles/spigot_1.16.1/BuildTools.jar\n”,“timestamp”:“2020-07-31T02:51:12.170Z”}
{“level”:“info”,“message”:"[WEBUI] BuildTools jar compilation finished unsuccessfully in /var/games/minecraft/profiles/spigot_1.16.1",“timestamp”:“2020-07-31T02:51:12.172Z”}
{“level”:“info”,“message”:"[WEBUI] Buildtools used: /var/games/minecraft/profiles/spigot_1.16.1/BuildTools.jar",“timestamp”:“2020-07-31T02:51:12.172Z”}
{“errno”:“ETIMEDOUT”,“code”:“ETIMEDOUT”,“syscall”:“connect”,“address”:“104.27.196.95”,“port”:443,“level”:“error”,“timestamp”:“2020-07-31T02:51:13.532Z”}
{“level”:“error”,“message”:“Unable to retrieve profile: bungeecord. The definition for this profile may be improperly formed or is pointing to an invalid URI.”,“timestamp”:“2020-07-31T02:51:33.987Z”}
{“level”:“error”,“message”:“Unable to retrieve profile: spongevanilla. The definition for this profile may be improperly formed or is pointing to an invalid URI.”,“timestamp”:“2020-07-31T02:51:33.989Z”}
{“level”:“error”,“message”:“Unable to retrieve profile: cuberite. The definition for this profile may be improperly formed or is pointing to an invalid URI.”,“timestamp”:“2020-07-31T02:51:33.990Z”}

Thats just a piece of the log, i can post the whole thing if needed but dont want to fill the entire page up

I went ahead and created a spigot server outside of mineos, zipped it, and put it in /var/games/minecraft/import

From mineos log:
{“command”:“create_from_archive”,“new_server_name”:“KcrewClub”,“filename”:“Spigot.rar”,“awd_dir”:null,“level”:“info”,“message”:"[WEBUI] Received emit command from IP:mc",“timestamp”:“2020-07-31T19:35:47.569Z”}
{“command”:“create_from_archive”,“new_server_name”:“KcrewClub”,“filename”:“Spigot.rar”,“awd_dir”:null,“level”:“info”,“message”:"[WEBUI] Received emit command from IP:mc",“timestamp”:“2020-07-31T19:37:29.958Z”}
Even after doing all that it still isn’t in my server list (yes i refreshed it)

I go it working by replacing the jar in the server folder

Yea this is a common problem seems you have found the same solution as I did in a previous post found here: Error 1020 when download latest Spigot BuildTools

Edit: Read through that too quick but you have a solution for a better solution I would advise following the above which fixes the whole buildtools situation

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
I checked out the link.
“You will need to go to “/var/games/minecraft/profiles/BuildTools-latest” on the server and then delete the files in that folder (should only be the corrupt BuildTools.jar)”
That was the first thing i had thought of and did but since it didn’t work for me i didn’t bother to post that step