[SOLVED] WebGUI not working

When regularly updating the WebGUI, the webGUI was not reachable again.
I carefully read this webforum, tried the suggestions on https://minecraft.codeemo.com/mineoswiki/index.php?title=Updating_the_Webui more than once, but still no reachable WebGUI .

See the most relevant part of the commandline below.
I’m a noob on *nux machines, so what should I do to get WebGui back again for my kids?

Regards, Francois

root@core games/minecraft# /bin/bash update_webui.sh
Script execution started on: Sat Jun 10 17:59:25 UTC 2017
Updating mineos-node repository…OK
Pulling master branch…From https://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node

• branch master -> FETCH_HEAD
    OK
    Updating npm dependencies…OK
    Setting node javascript files to executable…OK
    Script execution ended on: Sat Jun 10 17:59:28 UTC 2017
    root@core games/minecraft# /bin/bash reset_webui.sh
    Script execution started on: Sat Jun 10 18:01:25 UTC 2017
    Updating mineos-node repository…OK
    Checking out master branch…Already on ‘master’
    OK
    Resetting directory to official contents…OK
    Deleting npm module dependencies and rebuilding…npm WARN deprecated node-uuid@1.4.8: Use uuid module instead
    npm WARN engine angular-translate@2.11.1: wanted: {“node”:">=4.4"} (current: {“node”:“0.12.7”,“npm”:“2.11.3”})
    npm WARN engine apache-crypt@1.1.2: wanted: {“node”:">=5"} (current: {“node”:“0.12.7”,“npm”:“2.11.3”})
    npm WARN engine request@2.79.0: wanted: {“node”:">= 4"} (current: {“node”:“0.12.7”,“npm”:“2.11.3”})
    npm WARN engine esprima@3.1.3: wanted: {“node”:">=4"} (current: {“node”:“0.12.7”,“npm”:“2.11.3”})
    OK
    Setting node javascript files to executable…OK
    Script execution ended on: Sat Jun 10 18:01:51 UTC 2017
    root@core games/minecraft# supervisorctl start mineos
    mineos: ERROR (abnormal termination)
    root@core games/minecraft# cp init/supervisor_conf /etc/supervisor/conf.d/mineos.conf
    root@core games/minecraft# supervisorctl reload
    Restarted supervisord
    root@core games/minecraft# supervisorctl start mineos
    mineos: ERROR (abnormal termination)
    root@core games/minecraft#

You sure you’ve been updating it usually? Because you’re using a really, REALLY old version of node, .0.12.7.

Per release 1.12:

Last working commit for Node pre-v4.0
@hexparrot hexparrot released this on Nov 23, 2015 · 171 commits to master since this release

Commits after this depend on path.parse, which exists in the Node API only 4.0 (stable) and beyond. All users are recommended to move to a stable build of NodeJS, beyond v0.10-0.12.

In other words, since Nov 23, 2015 0.12.x should’ve been far too old to work–there’s even been numerous version bumps of all those package.json files recently and probably before that about a year ago.

Well, regardless, the solution is: install a new version of NodeJS.

See the installation instructions in the MineOS wiki for your distribution; you’ll only need to follow the instructions regarding installing NodeJS. Alternatively, you can follow any internet tutorials for installing Node 4.x, wherever you may find it.

Will,

thanks; the WebGui is working again.
I don’t know why node.js did not update during past years.
I assumed the update script handles this but apparently it did not.
Never mind, I do know how to update node.je manually.
Kids are happy again… :slight_smile:

Regards, Francois

1 Like