[SOLVED] Server list suddenly missing, but server still running

Hi Guys,

When I login to the portal today, I found out the server list is missing. But the server still running(screen service did not run with startup).
I have try to set the permission of the minecraft and mineos folder, using chmod 777

But after reboot, the problem still here.
the process output and mineos.log output at here

https://pastebin.com/wWdqvC2N

I’m using Pine64 2GB version with the Dietpi OS

Some background information here:
Login with root
Using paperspigot
server will auto-start after reboot, but the start up with no Screen service.

mineos    1766     1  0 02:50 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/SCREEN -dmS mc-restore /usr/bin/java -server -Xmx1800M -Xms1000M -jar paperclip.jar nogui
mineos    1767  1766 35 02:50 pts/0    00:03:57 /usr/bin/java -server -Xmx1800M -Xms1000M -jar paperclip.jar nogui

{“level”:“info”,“message”:“[WEBUI] root connected from 1.2.3.4”,“timestamp”:“2018-06-01T01:52:25.532Z”}

You’re logging in as root, but MineOS has started these processes as the user mineos. I’m presuming you created the server as the non-root user, but then at some point started running the server from the root login instead?

We can verify this by checking the ownership of:

ls -la /var/games/minecraft/servers

if the directories themselves are owned by mineos:mineos. If so, you should (ideally),

chown -R mineos:mineos /var/games/minecraft/{servers,archives,backup}/restore

and then start using the mineos login instead. But if you really prefer using root, just do the same as the above with root:root. The webui matches the username from the login page with the owner of the directory–that’s how it filters out which to show and why it’s suddenly missing.

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Interesting… Last few months, I’m using the root account to monitoring my server, without any problem.
Now the minsos account comes out and take the ownership of my folder, hahaha

For the server folder, I have changed the ownership to root.
Seems normal now.

Really appreciate your help!

Jason