[Solved] Issues building BuildTools

Getting the following error:

Loading BuildTools version: git-BuildTools-afc7566-52 (#52) fatal: $HOME not set fatal: $HOME not set Git name not set, setting it to default value. Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Error running command, return status !=0: [git, config, --global, user.name, BuildTools] at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.runProcess(Builder.java:547) at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.main(Builder.java:161)

I’ve searched pretty much everywhere and no luck! Any help is appreciated!

More information is needed:

What version of spigot are you trying to build?
What release of MineOS are you on?
Are you trying to do this via the build menu in the MineOS WebUI?
…or using ssh to the shell?

Oh sorry about that. I’m on 1.9.2, newest version of MineOS and I’m using the WebUI.

Ok.
Try the tips given by the developer in this thread:

When executing the second command, I get this:

ERROR: CANT_REREAD: not a valid boolean value: ‘trueenvironment=HOME="/root",USER=“root”’

But thank you for trying!

If this is what you wrote in the command I think you have something wrong. From the post I linked:

echo ‘environment=HOME=“/root”,USER=“root”’ >> /etc/supervisor/conf.d/mineos.conf

It looks like a ‘true’ has snuck into your command.

o.o I didn’t type that

root@Emalton-Server:/var/games/minecraft/profiles/BuildTools-latest# echo ‘environment=HOME="/root",USER=“root”’ >> /etc/supervisor/conf.d/mineos.conf
root@Emalton-Server:/var/games/minecraft/profiles/BuildTools-latest# supervisorctl reread
ERROR: CANT_REREAD: not a valid boolean value: ‘trueenvironment=HOME="/root",USER=“root”’
^ That was the line that was the output from supervisorctl reread

Ok.
I have a guess at what is happening here.

if you open the file mineos.conf and scroll to the bottom I think there is a line shift missing.
sudo nano /etc/supervisor/conf.d/mineos.conf

I think you will see something like:
...SomeVariableNameHere = trueenvironment=HOME="/root",USER="root

Everything in front of true can be anything else than “SomeVariableNameHere” that is just something I added to indicate that something should be there:D

You need to scroll down to that line, and over to where true ends and envirment starts, and press enter to add the line shift manually

Then you press CTRL-X to save and exit. Then try the reread command again
This is really not something one should do, but you need to get that lineshift in there:D

2 Likes

IT WORKS THANKS SO MUCH I LOVE YOU BRO!

Thanks for all the help!

1 Like

Rooting for you bro! ROTFLMAO.

Mind Blown.