[SOLVED] I want to mess with my mysql database from my win10 laptop at home

the server running mineos is on a different network and location than my laptop. also, I installed mineos turnkey Jessie iso. ive seen that phpmyadmin does the trick but how to I install it? ive seen it has to do with an already downloaded software that isn’t on here
edit: also, there usnt a ‘cd /usr/games/minecraft/addons’ directory

Easiest way to connect to a MySQL database is with MySQL workbench, a Windows app designed for easy manipulation/access to a database server.

PhpMyAdmin does the trick, but not nearly as well; it’s not as responsive, as quick, nor as featured. There’s literally zero benefits to this over Workbench other than you have to install it on your desktop (which is a good thing).

What is such a directory used for? (you may be referring to a ridiculously old wikipage? if so, ignore it, because yes, the /addons/ directory hasn’t been a thing for over 5 years now or so).

thanks! installing it now!

its giving me an error: Your connection attempt failed for user ‘root’ from your host to server at blah.blah.blah.blah:3306

edit: also, when trying phpmyadmin, i never got it to work

This sounds like an auth issue more than connectivity, and if that is in fact the case, you need know that root for MySQL is a completely separate, independent user/pass from root like you’d log into Linux.

In the event that at the time you installed the server you may have forgotten the password you set (or didn’t set) at the outset, you can reset the password via the command line (where you will use the Linux root).

too late :stuck_out_tongue:
already solved it… i forgot how already :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: