Set new iptable, nothing working

So I’ve followed probably 10 different tutorials on how to open a port some on here some just on the IPTables open the port 19132 for bedrock users and still NOTHING!!

When I open the iptables I can see the port I added 19132 and have saved it to all possible save files iptables-rules, iptables.rulesv4 saved them and they show up on reboot but STILL cannot connect.

I’m able to connect via LAN on bedrock just not the public IP and port, ALL other ports are open and working for, Java :25565, WEBGUI :8443 and SSH :22

BUT NONE OF THESE OPEN PORTS ARE IN IPTABLES? Does this mean they’re saved somewhere else? I’m so lost have read every thing on iptables and ports on this forum and the web…. And nothing is workin?

Is there a way to access whatever firewall or however those ports are open, because iPTables isn’t doing SQUAT!

If you can access it inside the LAN then IPTables is configured correctly. It is either the router you’re using that needs port forwarding set up or it’s a limitation from your ISP.

1 Like

You need a public IP address. There is a possibility that your ISP is giving you a private IP address.
Some ISPs don’t give out public IP addresses unless you request one, because there is a shortage on them. That was the case for me. I contacted my ISP and they updated it. You can see your current IP address if you google “What is my IP”.

When you have confirmed that you have a public IP address, you can start configuring your router’s Port forwarding settings.

Hope that helps!

#!/bin/bash
################################################################################
#                              scriptTemplate                                  #
#                                                                              #
# Use this template as the beginning of a new program. Place a short           #
# description of the script here.                                              #
#                                                                              #
# Change History                                                               #
# 25/10/2022  Hosney Osman  Original code. This is a template for creating     #
#                           new Bash shell scripts.                            #
#                           Add new history entries as needed.                 #
################################################################################
#  Copyright (C) 2022 Hosney Osman                                             #
#  hosneyosman@outlook.com                                                     #
#  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify        #
#  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by        #
#  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or           #
#  (at your option) any later version.                                         #
#  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of              #
#  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the               #
#  GNU General Public License for more details.                                #
#  You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License           #
#  along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software                 #
#  Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA   #

## 05. IP Tables Flush Command 
iptables -F
iptables -X
iptables -t nat -F
iptables -t nat -X
iptables -t mangle -F
iptables -t mangle -X
iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT

## 06. default policy for each of the chains 
iptables --policy INPUT DROP
iptables --policy FORWARD DROP
iptables --policy OUTPUT DROP

## 01. Log INPUT traffic 
iptables -I INPUT -j LOG --log-prefix "iptables-in: " --log-level 7
## 02. Log FORWARD Traffic 
iptables -I FORWARD -j LOG --log-prefix "iptables-fw: " --log-level 7
## 03. Log OUTPUT Traffic 
iptables -I OUTPUT -j LOG --log-prefix "iptables-out: " --log-level 7
## 04. To log network activity in the NAT table execute the following commands for tracking activity in their respective chains
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -j LOG --log-prefix "iptables-nat-in: " --log-level 7
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -j LOG --log-prefix "iptables-nat-out: " --log-level 7

## 07. Open LoopBack Interface 
iptables --append INPUT --in-interface lo --jump ACCEPT
iptables --append OUTPUT --out-interface lo --jump ACCEPT

## 08. Allow Connections Initiated by the Machine
## Allow Connection Initiated by wireless interface
iptables --append OUTPUT --out-interface wlan0 --jump ACCEPT
## Allow Connection Initiated by wire interface
iptables --append OUTPUT --out-interface eth0 --jump ACCEPT
iptables --append INPUT --match state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED --jump ACCEPT

## 09. Filter untrusted traffic 
iptables -A INPUT --in-interface wlan0
iptables -A INPUT --in-interface eth0

## 10. Block Invalid Packets
## This rule blocks all packets that are not a SYN packet and don’t belong to an established TCP connection.

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -m conntrack --ctstate INVALID -j DROP

## 11. Block New Packets That Are Not SYN
## This blocks all packets that are new (don’t belong to an established connection) and don’t use the SYN flag. 
## This rule is similar to the “Block Invalid Packets” one, but we found that it catches some packets that the other one doesn’t.
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp ! --syn -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j DROP

## 12. Block Uncommon MSS Values
## The above iptables rule blocks new packets (only SYN packets can be new packets as per the two previous rules) 
## that use a TCP MSS value that is not common. This helps to block dumb SYN floods.
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -m tcpmss ! --mss 536:65535 -j DROP

## 13. Block Packets With Bogus TCP Flags
## The below ruleset blocks packets that use bogus TCP flags, ie. TCP flags that legitimate packets wouldn’t use.
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags FIN,SYN FIN,SYN -j DROP
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN,RST -j DROP
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags FIN,RST FIN,RST -j DROP
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags FIN,ACK FIN -j DROP
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags ACK,URG URG -j DROP
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags ACK,PSH PSH -j DROP
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags ALL NONE -j DROP

## 14. v (Spoofing)
## These rules block spoofed packets originating from private (local) subnets. 
## On your public network interface you usually don’t want to receive packets from private source IPs.
## These rules assume that your loopback interface uses the 127.0.0.0/8 IP space.
## These five sets of rules alone already block many TCP-based DDoS attacks at very high packet rates.
## With the kernel settings and rules mentioned above, you’ll be able to filter ACK and SYN-ACK attacks at line rate.
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s 224.0.0.0/3 -j DROP 
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s 169.254.0.0/16 -j DROP 
	iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s 172.16.0.0/12 -j DROP 
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s 192.0.2.0/24 -j DROP 
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/16 -j DROP 
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s 10.0.0.0/8 -j DROP 
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s 0.0.0.0/8 -j DROP 
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s 240.0.0.0/5 -j DROP 
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s 127.0.0.0/8 ! -i lo -j DROP

## 15. Additional Rules
## This drops all ICMP packets. ICMP is only used to ping a host to find out if it’s still alive. 
## Because it’s usually not needed and only represents another vulnerability that attackers can exploit, 
## we block all ICMP packets to mitigate Ping of Death (ping flood), ICMP flood and ICMP fragmentation flood.

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p icmp -j DROP

## 16. This iptables rule helps against connection attacks. 
## It rejects connections from hosts that have more than 80 established connections. 
## If you face any issues you should raise the limit as this could cause troubles with 
## legitimate clients that establish a large number of TCP connections.
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m connlimit --connlimit-above 80 -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset

## 17. Limits the new TCP connections that a client can establish per second. 
## This can be useful against connection attacks, 
## but not so much against SYN floods because the usually use an endless amount of different spoofed source IPs.
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -m limit --limit 60/s --limit-burst 20 -j ACCEPT 
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j DROP

## 18. This rule blocks fragmented packets. 
## Normally you don’t need those and blocking fragments will mitigate UDP fragmentation flood. 
## But most of the time UDP fragmentation floods use a high amount of bandwidth that is likely to exhaust the capacity of your network card, 
## which makes this rule optional and probably not the most useful one.
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -f -j DROP

## 19. This limits incoming TCP RST packets to mitigate TCP RST floods. Effectiveness of this rule is questionable.
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --tcp-flags RST RST -m limit --limit 2/s --limit-burst 2 -j ACCEPT 
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --tcp-flags RST RST -j DROP

## 20. Mitigating SYN Floods With SYNPROXY
## SYNPROXY is a new target of iptables that has been added in Linux kernel version 3.12 and iptables 1.4.21. 
## CentOS 7 backported the feature and it’s available in its 3.10 default kernel.
## The purpose of SYNPROXY is to check whether the host that sent the SYN packet actually establishes a full TCP connection 
## or just does nothing after it sent the SYN packet.
## If it does nothing, it discards the packet with minimal performance impact.
## While the iptables rules that we provided above already block most TCP-based attacks, 
## the attack type that can still slip through them if sophisticated enough is a SYN flood.
## It’s important to note that the performance of the rules will always be better if we find a certain pattern or signature to block, 
## such as packet length (-m length), TOS (-m tos), TTL (-m ttl) or strings and hex values (-m string and -m u32 for the more advanced users).
## But in some rare cases that’s not possible or at least not easy to achieve. So, in these cases, you can make use of SYNPROXY.
## Here are iptables SYNPROXY rules that help mitigate SYN floods that bypass our other rules:
iptables -t raw -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --syn -j CT --notrack 
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp -m conntrack --ctstate INVALID,UNTRACKED -j SYNPROXY --sack-perm --timestamp --wscale 7 --mss 1460 
iptables -A INPUT -m conntrack --ctstate INVALID -j DROP