Scheduling / pruning

Hi there,

First of all, awesome work on the new web interface. I’ve been hosting Minecraft with mineos Turnkey for quite a while now and must say that i love it!

I used to have a shell script to backup / create a restore point and prune all backups and restore points older than 30 days. Now that there is no more mineos_console.py and the scheduling option has been added with backup and restore possibilities i was wondering if you’re going to add a prune option?

If not perhaps i can use the javascript console? I’m not afraid of googleing java code but if you could point me in the right direction?

Again thanks for your work.

I would recommend uploading the script and connect to the shell and add a crontab entry to run your script.
As you noticed, the restore point scheduling is available in the webui, but pruning is easily done via a script.

I do this to update my overviewer map which I host on the same server.

The nodejs version has an equivalent: mineos_console.js. Just like it’s python counterpart, this .js file can be executed from the command line or from a shell script to call prune.

The ‘step’ argument in the Node version is equivalent to the Python version, which is 5B, 14B, etc…

Oh, and one other thing: MineOS is merely a front-end for rdiff-backup. An rdiff-backup directory is still an rdiff-backup directory, whether or not is is created and appended to by MineOS. This also means that 100% of your pruning can occur without even using mineos_console.js–you can do it simply with:

rdiff-backup --force --remove-older-than 5B /var/games/minecraft/backup/myserver

Because that is literally what MineOS does to make it work in the first place.

Thanks for reply’‘s.
It’‘s actually very easy then. i just have to change the .py to .js. At least that’'s what i make up from your link to the mineos_consol.js link hexparrot. Switches are still the same? Like -s etc.

You can use the turnkey GUI for this as well. Please see my post in the following thread…

https://tinyurl.com/j7lxrrg (Managing Archives and Backups)

Hope this helps.

-TheHoFL