[RESOLVED] 1.17 Server failing to start

Hey Everyone,

So I have run into an issue where the server fails to start.

Im getting the below error
[19:40:02] ain/FATAL]: Failed to start the minecraft server
joptsimple.UnrecognizedOptionException: j is not a recognized option

No idea where option j is coming from so I can’t troubleshoot it further.

I have my profile set to the correct forge profile for 1.17
Java 17.0.4 is installed

I have set the universal.jar as the one to launch and have set the additional args to @user_jvm_args.txt @libraries/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.17.1-37.1.1/unix_args.txt

Runs for about 10 seconds then crashes out.

Any ideas what I could check?

Post the contents of unix_args.txt

Here is the contents

# Xmx and Xms set the maximum and minimum RAM usage, respectively.
# They can take any number, followed by an M or a G.
# M means Megabyte, G means Gigabyte.
# For example, to set the maximum to 3GB: -Xmx3G
# To set the minimum to 2.5GB: -Xms2500M

# A good default for a modded server is 4GB.
# Uncomment the next line to set it.
# -Xmx4G
-Xms8G  -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=30 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=4 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:+PerfDisableSharedMem -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -Dusing.aikars.flags=https://mcflags.emc.gs -Daikars.new.flags=true

If you can post a screenshot of your mineos server page, that could help

Here is the image link
Image of server

Try Java 16 as the compatibility I read online suggested it.

@ElPres and @Ank

I want to thank you both for your time. I got to looking at the version and noticed that it was updated to 1.18. Huge DOH! moment. It just happened to be as I started expermenting with MineOS. I got Java 18 installed and the latest profile and it finally loaded up. I apperciate your time and help with this issue. Sometimes just talking it out can help. @ElPres when you said to try Java 16 thats when it hit me.

2 Likes