Problem with MineOS on FreeNAS 11.2-U1

Greetings!

My FreeNAS 11.1 ASRock Rack C2750D4I motherboard died recently ( apparently a known problem with the model… ) so I had to set up a new system and while doing so installed the latest version of FreeNAS 11.2-U1 which appears to have arrived with some changes like a new UI and how plugins like MineOS work - For one they won’t show up on the legacy FreeNAS UI I’m more familiar with.

One of the first things I noticed during the installation of MineOS 11.2-RELEASE-p7 was the now inclusion of jr8 which I usually would have to install/update first prior to the hardware fault whenever I had to do a fresh install.
There also appear some other improvements like the MineOS UI now again allowing the download of the most recent version like 13.2.

That being said though… I again ( not the first time I came here ) can’t get into the game ;D

In MineCraft, attempting to connecto to my server will get me stuck with:
https://i.imgur.com/OxHiWs7.jpg
followed by:
https://i.imgur.com/0hREYxE.jpg

Meanwhile the MineOS log shows my Login attempt:

[23:11:38] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 92%
[23:11:38] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 96%
[23:11:38] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 100%
[23:11:38] [Server thread/INFO]: Time elapsed: 1022 ms
[23:11:38] [Server thread/INFO]: Done (2.745s)! For help, type “help”
[23:11:55] [User Authenticator #1/INFO]: UUID of player Durahl is SOMETHING-SOMETHING-ETC…

Prior to this I was also having issues with:

[23:23:58] [Server Watchdog/FATAL]: A single server tick took 60.00 seconds (should be max 0.05)
[23:23:58] [Server Watchdog/FATAL]: Considering it to be crashed, server will forcibly shutdown.
[23:23:59] [Server Watchdog/ERROR]: This crash report has been saved to: /var/games/minecraft/servers/Pandemonium/./crash-reports/crash-2018-12-30_23.23.59-server.txt
[23:23:59] [Server Shutdown Thread/INFO]: Stopping server
[23:23:59] [Server Shutdown Thread/INFO]: Saving players
[23:23:59] [Server Shutdown Thread/INFO]: Saving worlds
[23:23:59] [Server Shutdown Thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level ‘world’/minecraft:the_end

Changing the Server.properties max-tick-time from 60000 to -1 would solve this but apparently it’s not the underlying problem.

After the installation of MineOS was done I was greeted with the following message I’m not sure what to do about:

Install Notes:
posix@4.1.2 install /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/posix
node-gyp rebuild

gmake: Entering directory ‘/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/posix/build’
CXX(target) Release/obj.target/posix/src/posix.o
SOLINK_MODULE(target) Release/obj.target/posix.node
COPY Release/posix.node
gmake: Leaving directory ‘/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/posix/build’

userid@0.3.1 install /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/userid
node-gyp rebuild

gmake: Entering directory ‘/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/userid/build’
CXX(target) Release/obj.target/userid/src/userid.o
SOLINK_MODULE(target) Release/obj.target/userid.node
COPY Release/userid.node
gmake: Leaving directory ‘/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/userid/build’
added 553 packages from 432 contributors and audited 1408 packages in 9.039s
found 69 vulnerabilities (37 low, 20 moderate, 12 high)
run npm audit fix to fix them, or npm audit for details
mineos_enable: → YES
Starting mineos.
Starting mineos daemon…
mineos daemon started. PID: 11096

#---------------------------------------------------------------------#

Getting started with the MineOs plugin

#---------------------------------------------------------------------#

MineOS is a server front-end to ease managing Minecraft administrative tasks.
For more information, see GitHub - hexparrot/mineos-node: node.js implementation of mineos minecraft management

The default user for the Admin Portal is “mcserver” with password “mcserver”
Admin Portal:
http://192.168.0.22:8443

Close

Am I supposed to run any commands after that message / prior to running MineOS that would explain the issues I’m having?

What am I missing?
Thanks in Advance! =)

1 Like

This isn’t helpful, but I’m in the exact same boat looking for help.

Exact boat meaning you’re also using FreeNAS?

This error is new to me, and it puts me in a really helpless situation. For one, it appears that your installation is successful. I know it doesn’t feel successful because it’s not running, but it doesn’t appear that the issue is centered on MineOS:

• there are no errors in your MineOS log
  • the webui opens
  • you can download and start the server

And then finally,

MineOS uses Java by telling Java to run a Jarfile. That jarfile is clearly running, but the error is unknown to me and doesn’t appear that it could be introduced by any failure on my part in the development/implementation of the webui.

What does the crash report say?

Also, does your server run any other version of Minecraft, e.g., vanilla 1.11? 1.12?

Admittedly, there could be an issue with the FreeNAS plugin. Perhaps the version of Java it downloads has an issue with the specific version you’re running…but this is also unknown to me, because I’m not the author/developer/maintainer of the MineOS plugin for FreeNAS.

So I recommend this:

1. Do other servers other than 1.13 work?
  2. Do 1.13 and lower versions work if you use a different version of Java?

If either of these are true, then a) we need to submit a bug to Mojang or b) we need to reach out to the plugin maintainer and recommend a different version of Java be installed from the plugin.

Thanks for coming back to me regarding my issue!

I’d have to figure out how to extract the crash report to begin with - That might take a while as I’m not too familiar with Linux and how to acces those files - I’ll try to keep doing that in my memory ;D

Versions other than 1.13 appear to be affected as well - Tried with 1.13.2, 1.13 and 1.12 - The latter of which was running a continuous loop of error messages about it not being able to load chunks.

Wasn’t yet able to test it with a different version of Java but it appears to be the source of the problem taking a discussion into consideration I found on the FreeNAS Forums.

Until I receive an answer to my question on the FreeNAS Forum as to how to proceed n fixing the problem manually I’ll probably have to wait until the implementation of Java in the Plugin is being fixed for the automatic install.

Just thought I’d report that uninstalling and reinstalling the Plugin will revert (?) to a different JRE that fixes the issue - MineOS works again on FreeNAS 11.2-U1 =)