Port forwarding with uvese router

How do I need to set up port forwarding just for my server? I have at&t uverse home internet, and I want to port forward the server so friends can play on it.

Have you tried to google this, or browse through these forums?
This question have been asked many times, i’m sure you will be able to find the answer.

Or you tell us what you tried your self, and where you get stuck.

1 Like

Since you have home internet I’m guessing you don’t have a static ip from AT&T so you’ll have to arrange that (different topic) for when your external ip changes.

As far as port forwarding goes, here is a good place to start: http://www.att.com/esupport/

Without knowing your specific router model I can’t give more help.

I can’t give you all the specifics but you need to start by browsing to 192.168.1.254

Uverse gateways are quite odd in my experience. In order to do very much customization with them I have always required a static IP from AT&T

Hope that helps.

I have Uverse and here is how I got it working:

1. You do need to get a ddns reference to your gateway or be ready to periodically check the router’s external IP address to ensure it hasn’t changed
  2. Go to 192.168.254 (the address of the gateway)
  3. Go to Settings/Firewall/Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ
  4. Go to “Add a new user defined application” and create a new application (e.g., called “Minecraft”). In the details, enter port 25565 (if you didn’t change the default port) twice, one for TCP and once for UDP (you can also add port 8080 for TCP in order to access the MineOS GUI externally as well)
  5. Choose the computer that has the minecraft server on it in the top section and then choose the new minecraft application and then click on “Add”
  6. Finally, save everything and you should be all set!