Permissions / Ownership

I’m guessing the answer is permissions and or ownership but can’t work out what.
Fresh install of mineos. There are no servers created yet.
The webui looks like this :

I am logged into the server as [user].
I am logged into MineOS as [user].

All files and directories in /var/games/minecraft are owned by [user]:minecraft.
All files and directories in /usr/games/minecraft are owned by [user]:minecraft.

the mineos.log is :
{"level":"info","message":"Starting up server, using commit d743d22 adding test confirming previous commit\n","timestamp":"2019-12-15T10:11:46:639Z"}
{"level":"info","message":"Starting up server, using commit d743d22 adding test confirming previous commit\n","timestamp":"2019-12-15T10:24:35.722Z"}
{"level":"info","message":"Starting up server, using commit d743d22 adding test confirming previous commit\n","timestamp":"2019-12-15T10:28:31.929Z"}

Thanks in advance.

What is it you are wondering about? Please specify your question or what error you are researching.

In a general sense I can answer:
Never user root to log into the WebUI. In a matter of fact, the only time you need the root user is when upgrading the webUI, or other system related tasks. Using root in the webUI creates all sorts of permission/ownership related error, and makes the WebUI behave unstable.

Sorry, problems with uploading images have made the post difficult to understand !
Now edited the original

Is this a standard MineOS Turnkey ISO install? Or have you installed the WebUI on top of another OS?

All files and directories in the /var/games/minecraft/ directory should be owned by the respective owners that created the server.

The contents of /usr/games/minecraft/ should be owned by user and group root.

If you used one of MineOS’s Turnkey ISO’s to install, the standard user and group the installation has been configured with is ‘mc’. Have you trid using that user to log into the WebUI?

Thanks for the reply.

I installed Turnkey and then installed MineOS following broadly the guides available in the wiki and on github (they aren’t mutually consistent and based on experience I have adapted them to make it work on my system, a QNAP NAS).

Once Turnkey is installed, all defaults except I change to a fixed ip address and change the keyboard config etc. then :

apt update
apt-get upgrade
apt upgrade
apt install -y openjdk-8-jre-headless
curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_11.x bash -

apt-get install -y nodejs
apt-get update
apt-get install -y git supervisor rdiff-backup screen build-essential

mkdir -p /usr/games
cd /usr/games
git clone https://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node.git minecraft
cd minecraft
git config core.filemode false

chmod +x service.js mineos_console.js generate-sslcert.sh webui.js

npm install --unsafe-perm
npm install userid --unsafe-perm
npm audit fix

ln -s /usr/games/minecraft/mineos_console.js /usr/local/bin/mineos

cp mineos.conf /etc/mineos.conf
cd /usr/games/minecraft

./generate-sslcert.sh
cp init/supervisor_conf /etc/supervisor/conf.d/mineos.conf

adduser mc
adduser [your name]

usermod –a –G minecraft mc
usermod –a –G minecraft [your name]

apt-get install sudo

usermod –a –G sudo [your name]

iptables –P INPUT ACCEPT 
iptables –A INPUT –p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 –j ACCEPT 
iptables –A INPUT –p tcp –m tcp --dport 8080 –j ACCEPT 
iptables –A INPUT –p tcp -m tcp --dport 8443 –j ACCEPT 
iptables –A INPUT –p tcp -m tcp --dport 25565 –j ACCEPT 
[ *iptables –A INPUT –p tcp -m tcp --dport 255* *xx* *–j ACCEPT* ] 
[xx continue to add ports until there are enough for the number of servers you want to create]

iptables –A INPUT –m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED –j ACCEPT 
iptables –P INPUT DROP 
iptables-save > /etc/iptables-rules 
iptables-restore < /etc/iptables-rules 

vi /etc/rc.local (or nano / *etc/* rc.local) 
Add -  iptables-restore < /etc/iptables-rules

cd /usr/games/minecraft
chown -R [user]:minecraft
cd /var/games/minecraft
chown -R [user]:minecraft

supervisorctl reread
supervisorctl update
supervisorctl start mineos

Reboot and logon as [your name]
https://192.168.1.xxx:8443/

Thanks again.

i have the same issue. Has anyone figured out what the cause could be?
Because the hardware is too new i only could use a recent distro - i chose Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. and very similar steps as above.

As far as i can tell i have the permissions right.
/usr/games/minecraft/ is owned by user and group root. No server could be created yet, so /var/games/minecraft folders are empty.

I figured it out.

The master branch has some changes on top of the latest release that breaks the interface. checking out the latest release tag (i believe it was 1.3.0) fixed the problem.

What do you mean by checking the latest release tag and how could i change the release tag to fix it.