Online-mode=false sees me as some other player

UPDATE, Turns out the problem wasn’t a reset though it had seemed like it due to things like empty inventory, weird spawn, lack of homes when i used a homes plugin command etc.
The problem seems to be that when in offline mode it thinks im a different player.

==OLD==
Hello. When ever i change “online-mode” to “false” it ends up resetting my server files. I have changed it both from the Mineos interface and by using FTP to edit the config file but both have the same result, resetting my server files(map, plugins, etc)
Is there anyway around this?
Sorry if in the wrong topic category.

Have you tested this buy running the server file as a stand-alone from your computer (desktop/laptop)? Can you review the mineos.log file and post it?

1 Like

Turns out the problem wasn’t a reset though it had seemed like it due to things like empty inventory, weird spawn, lack of homes when i used a homes plugin command etc.
The problem seems to be that when in offline mode it thinks im a different player.

The server variable “online-mode” do not controll wether your server is availbale online or not, it controlls wehter your server checks usernames against Mojangs minecraft user registry.

Using online-mode=false means usernames are not checked against mojang, and anyon can choose a any username when accessing your server. This means that if a spesific username has op or admin on your server, ANY user picking that username will have those rights.

For security it is reccomended to use:

online-mode=true
whitelist = true

The only reasons to use online-mode = false is to allow pirated clients access, or if you run a server that is ONLY running on LAN with no connection to the internet.

2 Likes

I have a legit account but my friend does not. Since i’m sure continuing this convo any further would be against some piracy rule i wont ask about it any further.

In the interest of the feature: stand-alone server/ isolated network, I would suggest checking the time stamp of the player UUID files and compare when they join. leave the world, then rejoin.

1 Like