Npm install --unsafe-perm fails in rasping

Hi there,

I try to install MineOS-node on Raspian Buster (Raspberry Pi 2b) while following these instructions:
https://minecraft.codeemo.com/mineoswiki/index.php?title=MineOS-node_(apt-get)

Unfortunately npm install fails with this error messages:

gyp ERR! build error
gyp ERR! stack Error: make failed with exit code: 2
gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.onExit (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:194:23)
gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:210:5)
gyp ERR! stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:272:12)
gyp ERR! System Linux 4.19.75-v7+
gyp ERR! command “/usr/bin/node” “/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js” “rebuild”
gyp ERR! cwd /usr/games/minecraft/node_modules/posix
gyp ERR! node -v v12.13.0
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v5.0.5
gyp ERR! not ok
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! posix@4.1.2 install: node-gyp rebuild
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the posix@4.1.2 install script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2019-10-31T11_59_24_953Z-debug.log

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
minecraftmick

It’s possible that the posix module isn’t compatible with Node 12.13.0. It’s unlikely related to raspian, so trying a different node version is the most likely solution.

Thanks for the reply. Before I used Node 12, I used Node 8. Same problem (plus some security warnings).
During the whole process I get errors quiet early:

In file included from …/node_modules/nan/nan_new.h:189,
from …/node_modules/nan/nan.h:203,
from …/src/posix.cc:1:
…/node_modules/nan/nan_implementation_12_inl.h: In static member function ‘static Nan::imp::FactoryBasev8::Function::return_t Nan::imp::Factoryv8::Function::New(Nan::FunctionCallback, v8::Localv8::Value)’:
…/node_modules/nan/nan_implementation_12_inl.h:105:32: error: no matching function for call to ‘v8::Function::New(v8::Isolate*&, void (&)(const v8::FunctionCallbackInfov8::Value&), v8::Localv8::Object&)’
, obj));
^

Does that mean anything or is that normal?

I’m currently having the same issue trying to install it on a VPS, did you manage to fix it?

Same issue–same issue as in you get errors just like the the previous user and you’re using the same Node version?

npm ERR! posix@4.1.2 install: `node-gyp rebuild`

Note, this error is a module-specific error. MineOS depends on this particular node package, and because it has to build natively for the server, whether this works or not is going to depend on the version of node more likely than the distro.

As shown by this unrelated package, but also node, verisons past 8 are not immediately compatible with versions 8 and before.

If you get errors on Node 8, please provide those, as they might very well be actionable–and solvable. After all, Node 8 is the officially recommended/supported version to work with MineOS.