Noob trying to Create an RLCraft server

Hey all I’m very new and VERY green with this type of community. I’ve successfully made a vanilla server after many many tries and a friend of mine would like to play a RLCraft server together so that is my next project. I am wondering if anyone has any Noob friendly advice on how to get started with this. I’ve tried to find this topic on the forum but only found RLCraft mentioned a little in some of the comments. I am willing to learn and to put in the effort. I just don’t know a good starting point for a FreeNas user would be.
I’ve started to read up on your Linux starter guides and have watched a few how to videos with putty and filezilla
So far I have forge 1.12.2 installer uploaded and am kinda wondering where I go from here with mod importing

I haven’t done a lot of modding, but what I’ve learned, is that mods should reside in the server’s …/datapack directory.

so… heres an update i created an RLCraft server on my desktop and tried to dump the files into my mineos /var/games/servers/ file and it broke my plugin it think it was because it had a start.bat file in it

the server i created was based on this video

The way I did my RL Server is very similar to the video.

1. DL the server pack and make sure it loads/starts on your computer no issues.

2. In the WebUI, make a new server and just give it a name. Don’t bother changing anything else.

3. In FileZilla, go to your directory to where your Minecraft servers are located. (Etc. /var/games/minecraft/servers/nameofserver
    then copy the contents of the RL Server from where you first launched it to that directory.
    You may need to refresh the WebUI after its finished copying over.

4. Once the WebUI has refreshed, go to your RL Craft server and choose both the profile to Forge 1.12.2 and choose the runnable jar file to the one that was created.

Set your RAM amount to 8192 and 2048 (though if you can I personally set it to 10240 and 10240) respectively and set your JVM Args to this:
-XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=30 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=8M -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=4 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:+PerfDisableSharedMem -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -Xloggc:gc.log -verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=1M -Dusing.aikars.flags=https://mcflags.emc.gs -Daikars.new.flags=true

finally add nogui to the second text box.

If all well and good, it should start up no issue.

would u have a tutorial on this like a video?

@ovingiv I stumbled upon this post and I followed it explicitly by following the YouTube video to create a Server on my Windows computer, and then your steps (except the stand alone computer I run MineOS on only has 4GB RAM. I don’t think this should be an issue to start the server, since I was able to start it with -xms and -xmx both set to 3G on my Windows computer).
For the JVM Args you listed, I copied and pasted them into the ‘Additional Java arguments:’ box. I clicked Start and it temporarily said UP, then a few seconds later, it said DOWN. I don’t know what the JVM Args do, so I removed them and tried again. Same result as before.
The log file is not updated when this happens so that is no help.
Could the RAM be the issue? Something else?
If you (or anyone else) have any suggestions, I’d greatly appreciate it.

I just got Aikar’s flags working on my MineOS server.
It is said to paste in the exact java arguments from Aikar’s site, but there seems to be some formatting to do first.

Here’s my setup. Set the Xmx and Xms boxes accordingly (I use 8192mb and 8192mb), and Paste this into the Java Arguments box below:
-XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=30 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=8M -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=4 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:+PerfDisableSharedMem -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -Dusing.aikars.flags=https://mcflags.emc.gs -Daikars.new.flags=true

Then have “nogui” (without quotes) entered into Additional Jar arguments.

And that should do it :smiley: