No drop down on designated Jar/Phar

After I try to start my new server, it says no designated jar/phar, but when I try to select one there is nothing on the drop down menu, I have tried to remake a server, it didn’t fix it, I’m new to Linux so please make it simple.

Need to install java well not install it but you need to configure it for your server and depending on what Minecraft version you use then you may have to download appropriate versions. Read through here there is enough info to get around your issue some of the recent threads are showing the exact process involved most of is in an abstract form though.

Thank you, this did work but After it says that server may not be up after performing this action?

I am not really sure what you have done but you are probably using the wrong java version by the sounds of it. There is also a version of java that ships with MineOS i think its 16 without looking. The version of Minecraft you are running might not run that version.

If your Minecraft version can use that java version then great use that one otherwise you need to use a different java version entirely. Webui needs the version it comes with so this mean you need to add what ever version you need if it applies.

I’m using 1.8.9 but I’m not sure which mine os version I have. Here are the logs logs/latest.log

[08:39:42] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.8.9
[08:39:42] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
[08:39:42] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
[08:39:42] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
[08:39:42] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.1.58:8443
[08:39:42] [Server thread/INFO]: Using epoll channel type
[08:39:42] [Server thread/WARN]: **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
[08:39:42] [Server thread/WARN]: The exception was: java.io.IOException: Error during bind(…): Address already in use
[08:39:42] [Server thread/WARN]: Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
[08:39:42] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server

Check your server.properties and the ip address and/or port.
You can only run one server per IP & port combo. So if you have one set to 25565 already set the next one to 25566. A quick fix for IP is try set it to 0.0.0.0 and port to 25565 (if no other servers running).

^ Yeah i agree

That is telling you pretty specific information and that something else is bound to that port.

Just increment one of the conflicting ports +1

Is this Minecraft server set to run on 8443? 8443 is the webui port, so naturally it would fail to bind to this port (if the webui is running).

The natural correction would be to return this value to a Minecraft-related value, such as in the 25565 proximity that users would expect.