New webui programmed with node.js

Please start your own topic and we shall help there thanks.

I would be more then happy to test a new build. I currently don’t have a server running so perfect time for testing. I’ll also test it on my arm devices. Hmm wait will this not work on Ubuntu or Debian based systems.

The Ubuntu instructions I wrote should be fairly similar for Debian.

Well if it works on Ubuntu I’ll get it working on Debian. My question will be arm platform. I’ve been down this road before with mineos and have made videos allowing users with devices like Raspberry Pi and Cubox-i. And soon Hummingboard. Can’t wait to test for you later tonight. Oh and if you could link to your Ubuntu guide that would be helpful. Or is it the same github install as before?

It’s the how to at the top of the list of topics.

Here’s the topic: How to emulate installing MineOS node.js from a disk on VirtualBox

Thanks!

Well looks like for now my arm device is a no go on Debian. Keep getting a CERT_HAS_EXPIRED on the install all command via npm. I’ll try later via virtualbox.

I got it to work on an ODROID-C1, on Debian Wheezy and Ubuntu. What’s your full error?

Basicly that I have an old Cert. Here is a pastebin link. NPM ERROR

I’m also installing debian now on a virtualbox to test and posibly make something to help users with install. Great instructions btw.

Update: Seems everything is working fine with the virtualbox install. going to look back into the issue with my Arm board. There is no official support for nodejs it seems for Arm so that could have something to do with it.

Ok ignore that other error log, We are working on a dev build of Debian so that was the issue with the CERT. but I do have a different error now. Take note that i’m building NPM from source that means that nodejs,nodejs-lagecy,npm are not found in apptitude. Anyways this is my error now. enter link description here

Is the error you’re getting actually stopping the webui from working?

It seems to be a known issue that uname fails to build on some systems, namely Arch and OSX. OSX from that git issue, Arch from my own experience.

However, uname is only used in one part of the code and I’ve been able to design it so failures on this module shouldn’t prohibit the whole webui from working. Go ahead and try starting the web-ui and see if it works, all the same.

You are correct. I didn’t even attempt to start the server. Got this error. “MineOS unable to load “uname” module; tally failed.” but started up great. I must say that the new UI seems sooooooo much smoother. I’m running this on very limited hardware and it’s flying. Hardware info

Solidrun Hummingboard-i4pro

CPU : Quad core ARM A9 (1ghz)
Memory : 64bit,2GB DDR3 @1066Mbps
Running on Msata 30gb ssd

Ok so yes it starts and allows me to add a server and download a profile. But I am unable to start it. On my virtual machine there are no issues so I know it’s my box. Anyways I’ve included a full pastebin of the install and attempt to run/start a server. I hope this is helpful to you.

Link:Arm start failure

Check your rsync version from the command line. Is it at least 3.1.0?

eww nope 3.0.9 Don’t tell me i’ll have to build that from source also…

After looking around I’ve found that 3.1+ is jessie…i’m running wheezy

I’m running a windows server, & am wondering if there is any reason why this wouldn’t work on windows (e.g. linux specific calls)

Can both the old and new WebUIs run simultaneously (and control the same set of servers)? I would like to try it out, but don’t want to screw my kids worlds up, if I can’t get it working right.

Yes, it’s definitely linux (and bsd) bound. No intentions of even trying to get it running on a Windows box, as it would require huge redesign and kinda defeats the purpose, anyway.

I’m certain they could be, but I’d recommend nobody do this. There’s no just no reason to. I also greatly recommend against putting mineos-node anywhere near production (I’m still just asking for testing help).

I don’t have plans for releasing instructions to “upgrade” from the Python based webui to this new nodejs based one because I’d rather just not have that flurry of support emails with people botching up the un-installation and having no server at all, new or old webui.

At one point, the flagship MineOS Turnkey will be switched to node, but I don’t expect that till at least beyond August at the earliest.

That’s unfortunate, oh well I’ll just continue using multicraft.