Need help with installing Web UI

Alright so when I am installing MineOS onto the computer, when it ask me for the root password and MC password, it then never gave me the option to make a username and password.

I don’t think so, I tried that and when watching multiple tutorials they all get an option to make a username and password after entering an MC password then it goes to the API window.

What is the MineOS you’ve downloaded? An official ISO?

At what point does this installation that you experience differ from the multiple tutorials that you see?

I’ve downloaded a pre-configured ISO from https://minecraft.codeemo.com/mineoswiki/index.php?title=Main_Page#Pre-configured_ISOs
After going through the installation the only difference is that they all get asked to create a username and password for the ISO and I do not. If there is another way I need to create a username and password for the webui, that is fine but otherwise I don’t know what I could be doing wrong.[quote=“hexparrot, post:5, topic:1373”]
What is the MineOS you’ve downloaded? An official ISO?

At what point does this installation that you experience differ from the multiple tutorials that you see?
[/quote]

…which one?

As far as I’m concerned, all of them have been checked to work perfectly in terms of asking you to set a password upon first boot after successful installation.

Remember, you are not setting usernames. You are setting the password for two pre-set users, root and mc.

There’s nothing special about mc, though. It’s just as if you made user bob. mc is just the name I have selected for purposes of the pre-configured ISO.

Are you sure you’re still following through after the first reboot?

1 Like

I figured this out :smiley: Thanks