MineOS wont start after updating Ubuntu

kaijane@server ~ » systemctl start mineos
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.freedesktop.systemd1.manage-units ===
Authentication is required to start ‘mineos.service’.
Authenticating as: kai (kaijane)
Password:
==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ===
Job for mineos.service failed because the service did not take the steps required by its unit configuration.
See “systemctl status mineos.service” and “journalctl -xeu mineos.service” for details.
kaijane@server ~ »

It seems that the webUI hasnt been updated to use libnode108 yet and still calls on files from libnode72

Does anyone know how i can overcome this issue

Do what it is asking and see
systemctl status mineos.service and journalctl -xeu mineos.service for details.

also you can try systemctl daemon-reload but do the other ones first and see what it tells you.

status

mineos.service - Start MineOS minecraft front-end
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/mineos.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: protocol) since Tue 2023-01-10 10:47:36 UTC; 10s ago
Duration: 221ms
Process: 4551 ExecStart=/usr/bin/node service.js start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
CPU: 659ms

Jan 10 10:47:36 server systemd[1]: Failed to start Start MineOS minecraft front-end.
Jan 10 10:47:36 server systemd[1]: mineos.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Jan 10 10:47:36 server systemd[1]: Stopped Start MineOS minecraft front-end.
Jan 10 10:47:36 server systemd[1]: mineos.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Jan 10 10:47:36 server systemd[1]: mineos.service: Failed with result ‘protocol’.
Jan 10 10:47:36 server systemd[1]: Failed to start Start MineOS minecraft front-end.

journal

Subject: Automatic restarting of a unit has been scheduled
░░ Defined-By: systemd
░░ Support: Enterprise open source support | Ubuntu
░░
░░ Automatic restarting of the unit mineos.service has been scheduled, as the result for
░░ the configured Restart= setting for the unit.
Jan 10 10:47:36 server systemd[1]: Stopped Start MineOS minecraft front-end.
░░ Subject: A stop job for unit mineos.service has finished
░░
░░ A stop job for unit mineos.service has finished.
░░
░░ The job identifier is 5828 and the job result is done.
Jan 10 10:47:36 server systemd[1]: mineos.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Jan 10 10:47:36 server systemd[1]: mineos.service: Failed with result ‘protocol’.
░░ Subject: Unit failed
░░
░░ The unit mineos.service has entered the ‘failed’ state with result ‘protocol’.
░░ Subject: A start job for unit mineos.service has failed
░░
░░ A start job for unit mineos.service has finished with a failure.
░░
░░ The job identifier is 5828 and the job result is failed.

and reload doesnt help

Find out why this service is not starting and also maybe looking in your unit files but probably not necessary just see why js is not starting.

systemctl status service.js

tried restarting service and got this
sudo node service.js restart

mineos daemon is not running
Starting mineos daemon...
mineos daemon failed to start: Module '/usr/games/minecraft/webui.js' stopped unexpected

WebUI is complaining about a missing file called libnode.so.72 which i can install libnode72 because libnode108 is installed and even with that uninstalled it says that libnode72 is obsolete.

systemctl status mineos
systemctl start mineos

Obsolete means that your sources are no longer providing that package you can add a repo that contains libnode72 to your sources file.

Outside of this adding older sources is potential grounds for problems. I am also not to sure of any other means here without trying to look at a live install and try to work it out and step through the sequence of it which i cannot do atm.

Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Also avoiding OS install :grin:

Could a reinstall of MineOS work if so how can I do this.

Um i just removed /usr/games/minecraft and reinstalled npm and all that i think its fine now.