MineOS won't boot after USB is removed

Hi I hope this specific issue hasn’t been solved before and I just couldn’t find it but I have been able to get MineOS up and running just fine, however, the second I remove the USB I used to install MineOS from it will no longer boot. I just get a blank screen with a flashing underscore in the top left corner. If I try to type anything nothing will show up. When I restart and put the USB back in it runs fine. I can live with losing that USB but is it running off that USB? Will that limit my storage space? I make sure when installing MineOS to use guided use entire DISK and I made sure my hard drive was selected as do not use. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. If you guys have any solutions or need more info just let me know. I have FileZilla connected and can SSH in if that helps you guys troubleshoot it in any way.

It sounds like grub got add to that USB. I’m not sure on how to safely relocate it, but it should be possible without a full reinstall.

I don’t mind doing a full install again, I’ve done it multiple times already. Do you know how I would be able to install it on my HDD instead of the USB? I don’t think it gave a specific install location for grub when installing it so I don’t know if it just chooses it automatically or what. Maybe I pull out the USB before I install grub? I don’t know I’m just guessing there. I don’t know if that would mess anything up for the install.

Thanks for making the comment about grub. I went ahead and tried reinstalling and taking the USB out between installation and grub and it working. When I first tried it it said there was a fatal error, however, it just brought me back to the manual installation screen and when I tried again it worked. I doubt that was the best way to fix it but it did work.