MineOS installer won't boot

Hi.
I recently decided to upgrade my minecraft server to a more powerful laptop, while trying to install MineOS with the provided iso, the computer wouldn’t boot from the usb drive, I also tried a DVD which did not work, I tried using unetbootin and rufus, which did not work. I did a bit of research and I am probably wrong, but as this is a x64 architecture only system and MineOS uses isolinux to boot, which was made for i386/x32 architectures, the pc will refuse to boot.
I don’t know if I am right, but if anyone knows how to fix this and boot from the usb drive correctly, please tell me.
Thank you.

Have you tried to boot the same medium on a different computer? If that works, then we know the image is good.
Next, check the BIOS/UEFI boot settings. It may be set to not allow an external device to boot (because… security reasons?) You may also invoke the boot option menu by a key press as you’re turning on the laptop. Every computer is different so review the documentation for the system.

1 Like

The usb drive boots on another computer, I have tried every possible thing, on the bios settings secure boot is also disabled, even from a boot menu selection it doesn’t work.

It just goes to a “>>Checking Media Presence…”
“>>No Media Present…” screen.

Found a solution,
I changed my bios to CSM Mode, I don’t know why it needed to be like that, I don’t even know what CSM is, but it’s working!
None the less thank you very much for the help.

EDIT: I hope this also helps clarify some problems that other people might have in the future regarding the installation and bios compatibility.

2 Likes

Seems like you figured it out, well done. Yeah basically there are two different ways to boot: either CSM (old school way) or UEFI