Hi guys, I have a problem that I’m sure is simple enough to solve, I’m just missing something.
I have only basic knowledge in Linux and MineOS, so simplified explanations would be greatly appreciated.
Anyways, I want to play MC with 1.12.2 mods, so I decided to create a forge server.
Note: I already have a vanilla 1.16.1 server that runs perfectly for some time now.
- I downloaded the forge 1.12.2 recommended profile from profiles.
- Ran the forge installer jar file. That worked just fine.
- Now in my Profiles I chose 1.12.2 under the forge section. In Java settings I chose the forge 1.12.2 jar file.
- I expected it to run, but the server just starts and stops , it doesn’t stay up for more than I few seconds.
What I’ve gathered:
- There are no logs.
- Reading online, can’t find a solution but read that I might have to use openjdk 8. Is this true? Right now I’m using openjdk 11.0.8
- I’m running Debian (Raspbian)
- Even trying with the forge 1.12.2 latest profile gives the same result.
- I also copied the jar installer to my laptop and installed server it from there, and pasted the files back to the Pi. No luck
- No combination of profiles with java settings works.
- The minecraft_server 1.12.2 jar that is installed from the forge installer jar works great and the server boots and function normally.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I need to put any more information, just let me know.
Also I don’t know which category this belongs to so I’m leaving it uncategorized for now.
Edit 1: I’ve tried creating a forge server in 1.16 and it’s a success! So what’s wrong with 1.12?
Edit 2: If anyone ever reads this facing the same issue, the solution I came up with is indeed switching to openjdk 8. Hope it helps!