Hello, today I am using OVH with MineOS.
I have read alot about the problems im having and i cant seem to fix the problem.
My problem is just simply that I cannon make a 1.8.8 spigot server to save my life.
Could I have a step by step tutorial on how to make a spigot server from scratch with mine os ?
What have you tried, specifically?
I have the same problem, but solved it(for now) by importing my server from other location.
Now Spigot 1.8.9 is here, its the same problem.
I do the following:
- Go to Spigot /Craftbuggit
- click “Download latest BuildTool.jar”
- When Spigot 1.8.9 show on the list, I choose “Build jarfile” and it starts the process.
- After some time the “Copy to server” and “Delete” button shows, I chen choose “copy to … my server”
- But on the server overview I see it only show “BuildTool-Latest” as server profile.
According to the log(from building the Spigot jarfile) it seems like there are a problem with the extraction or getting the latest vesion from the spigot file?
A copy of the build log is listed below.
Extracted: ./apache-maven-3.2.5/lib/jsr250-api-1.0.jar Extracted: ./apache-maven-3.2.5/lib/javax.inject-1.jar
Extracted: ./apache-maven-3.2.5/lib/aether-spi-1.0.0.v20140518.jar Extracted: ./apache-maven-3.2.5/lib/aether-util-1.0.0.v20140518.jar Extracted: ./apache-maven-3.2.5/lib/aether-impl-1.0.0.v20140518.jar Extracted: ./apache-maven-3.2.5/lib/sisu-guice-3.2.3-no_aop.jar Extracted: ./apache-maven-3.2.5/lib/aopalliance-1.0.jar
Extracted: ./apache-maven-3.2.5/lib/aether-connector-basic-1.0.0.v20140518.jar Extracted: ./apache-maven-3.2.5/lib/aether-transport-wagon-1.0.0.v20140518.jar Extracted: ./apache-maven-3.2.5/lib/slf4j-simple-1.7.5.jar
Attempting to build version: ‘1.8.9’ use --rev to override
Could not get version 1.8.9 does it exist? Try another version or use ‘latest’
java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://hub.spigotmc.org/versions/1.8.9.json at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1625) at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:254) at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.get(Builder.java:469) at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.main(Builder.java:229)
This means that Spigot isn’t ready to build based off 1.8.9. There’s nothing more to be done other than wait until spigot supports 1.8.9 or try a lower version that Spigot does compile with.
Because of the separate build-system that spigot requires, spigot/craftbukkit do not have/use profiles. You only need to do the “copy to server” and that’s it–it now shows up in the runnable jars dropdown.
I have a suggestion for this portion of the UI: Adding a “Latest Version” option. Most users might prefer a Latest Version button rather than a list of versions (although I’m not saying to remove the version list, because there are some who might prefer to use an older version for some reason). Since 1.8.9 isn’t a thing for Spigot or PaperSpigot, people not knowing that would by default go for 1.8.9 then say that it doesn’t work (since it doesn’t exist).
- A little extra info on PaperSpigot: It is essentially the same as Spigot, however it has it’s own patches/modifications implemented on top of the Spigot API that Spigot itself doesn’t contain (which may be the reason it appears to only support up to 1.8.3 (referring to another old post where I probably should’ve posted this but no point in bringing that thread back up again) but it is actually up to date with actual Spigot. Once there is an update for Spigot, there is one for PaperSpigot as well) but it does actually support up to 1.8.8 like Spigot, so I suppose the last changes they had to make would be from that game version and isn’t broken in a newer version, meaning there’s no reason to change the code. I haven’t checked their revisions since the time of that older post so if it no longer says 1.8.3 don’t quote me on it lol. But that latest version button would probably save new people some time.