Issues With Friends Connecting to my Server

So I made a MineOS server about 2 days ago, I posted the IP and port into my discord server, and my friends haven’t been able to connect. (vanilla 1.17, 1024Mb dedicated ram, made sure to not be LAN) I have no idea what to do to try and resolve this since this is my first time ever using MineOS. If anyone knows how to fix it, please tell me. (The error they were getting was a connection timeout, no further info.)

By the way I am able to join the server myself.

Sounds like a port forwarding issue, if you’re able to join the server yourself.

Port forwarding is configuration that occurs with the router’s configuration, rather than the Linux host, now.

Ok thank you, you wouldn’t happen to know how to forward the port, because I sure don’t.

Instructions are specific to your router:

https://portforward.com/router.htm

Ok thank you. I’ll try to figure it out lol.

The website doesn’t have my specific router model.

I have a Nokia G-240G-A And this website only has a G-240W-B, I don’t know what to do.

Just try to get the general-idea from what port forwarding is asking of you, and see what your router has that is similar to accomplish that.

If the brand is the same, the terminology and the UI is likely extremely similar.

I put in my router’s IP address (not same as shown, retrieved from the website’s software) into my browser and I get no result like the website said I should get, so I have no idea what I’m supposed to do.

I encourage you to maybe find additional sources to help you out, then.

Right now, you’re merely saying “it doesn’t work” and that doesn’t leave us with anything to guide you further with.

You’re able to join your server, which means your server is set up properly.

The last remaining component is making sure inbound minecraft traffic gets to your server, but that’s 100% your personal router, and nothing we have access to–and your router isn’t something another user is likely to have the exact model of.

I understand you’re new to this, but you’ll need to put in some effort to see what is on your router’s interface because if you can’t figure it out while you’re looking right at it, we won’t be able to figure it out while we have no idea what it looks like.

Your desktop machine has an ip address–and the gateway it is using is also likely the IP address for the router. Again, we don’t have any information from you other than “its not working” so there’s only so much detail we can provide to help.

Alright, thank you for your help anyway.