Issues making server public

Hello-

I’m noticing a couple of issues while trying to make my server available to the public. I am able to get the server up and running on LAN, but only if the server IP is left blank. This is installed on Truenas Scale, and for Lan is using the same IP address as my server.

When I try to change the IP address of the minecraft server, it gives me an error saying failure to bind to port. I’ve confirmed that I have no IPs using the 1.99 address (as seen below), so I’m not exactly sure why it fails to bind.

[16:15:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.1.99:25565
[16:15:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Using epoll channel type
[16:15:17] [Server thread/WARN]: **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
[16:15:17] [Server thread/WARN]: The exception was: io.netty.channel.unix.Errors$NativeIoException: bind(…) failed: Cannot assign requested address
[16:15:17] [Server thread/WARN]: Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

If I leave the IP blank, I am forwarding 25565, through the public IP address, as well as the internal IP address. Examples shown below. I also have a blanket Port forward for 25565 and 8443.

I believe I have the source of my issue actually, I believe its independent of MineOS, so if we want to close/delete this that is fine.