Importing - Custom Maps & Adventures

Hi,

Recent new user of MineOS running on a FREENAS server. It is beautifully written and easy to use. I like it a lot.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to import popular levels/maps/adventures from over at Curse and other third parties/sites. I read through different guides on importing archives and even tried the process but the server would always crash/die/become unresponsive if I ever tried to import a map such as Diversity 2. I ended up deleting the plugin/jail altogether and re-installing multiple times because of this.

I thought it should be possible without too much headache but perhaps those levels differ from archives greatly and it can’t be done.

I just thought I would shoot this out there. All replies welcome. I want to pre-emptively apologize if I’ve posted to the wrong place or overlooked a guide somewhere that answers this question exactly.

Thanks again for the great tool of Minecraft server administration that is MineOS.

Are there any indications of failure in the log files: /var/log/mineos.log?

Do you have an example of an exact archive I can download and test this out with?

In addition to providing mineos.log files:

Follow the instructions for Diversity 2?

“MINECRAFT VERSION:
This map has been updated to 1.8.8. Running this map in ANY other version of Minecraft is not recommended.”

Also:

REQUIREMENTS:

• Minecraft 1.8.8
  • Minimum 9 chunks Render Distance
  • Vanilla Server (Multiplayer)
  • Adjust server.properties (see below)

RECOMMENDATIONS:

• Default Texture/Resource Pack
  • Brightness: Full/Bright
  • Clouds: Off
  • 1-3 players
  • 64-bit Java
  • Render Distance: 10-16 Chunks
  • 4GB RAM or higher allocated to Minecraft

SERVER:
For Multiplayer, you MUST have command blocks enabled.
In your server.properties file, make sure you have this:

enable-command-block=true
allow-nether=true
allow-flight=true
max-build-height=256
spawn-npcs=true
spawn-animals=true
spawn-monsters=true

We recommend you keep the game to 2 players, but 3 could work. This map is NOT compatible with Bukkit. Our apologies.

Good Luck!

tNt

I followed the instructions listed by the pack but only received unrecoverable crashes. I’m currently on the road for work and will post all steps I’ve taken with logs when I return home. Thanks for looking at this thread.

I wanted to report back that I did successfully get this custom map working. I think I might have had the wrong jar version selected on the server status page and there was some directory naming errors too.

After scrapping everything and starting from scratch with fresh eyes, no issues were encountered. Thanks again for this wonderful tool.

1 Like

Great! Glad to hear it worked. If you get any insights going forward about what you think came up and prevented it from working in the first place, let us know!