I spamclicked the 'restore' button on my 1.16.5 Forge server and now my storage is 99.4% full

On my forge 1.16.5 server I have it create a restore point regularly. Unfortunately I forgot to regularly prune these restore points, and after a while my disk became full because of the restore points, causing the minecraft world then to become corrupted and unlaunchable. However when I tried to restore point back, it showed no message of succeeding after about 30 seconds. I kept spam clicking the ‘restore’ button but there was no effect. So, I rebooted my MineOS system and attempted to start the server (it didn’t work). I SSHed into my mineOS system and found out that my 220GB SSD was 99.4% full, up from the 50% that came after I pruned many of the older restore points.

The restore point page on the web UI shows only 2 points, and I had to prune the rest of them because they were fulling up my SSD as well.

So, something must be taking up my storage, right?

SFTPing into the system shows that apparently (probably) me spam clicking the restore button AND rebooting before it was done caused a ton of temporary files to be created by rdiff, averaging about 2.5 million KB each.

Looks pretty bad.
My question is, is it safe to delete these files? I accidentally pruned basically all the other restore points (as seen in the image above) and the existing world is unable to start. So unless pruned restore points can be restored, I risk corrupting everything. Any help please?

TLDR: Ran a server until disk became full and it became unplayable. Pruned the old restore points and tried to spam click the restore button, nothing happened, and rebooted system. Came back to a 99.4% full disk full of rdiff temp files, safe to delete and restore again?

It’s my understanding that all the files within rdiff-backup will keep non-temporary links to the real content and these files are just metadata it saves as it traverses each of the directories to search for deduplication/changes.

in my best estimation, all these .tmp files are safe to delete.