How to update MineOS server and web-ui for minecraft 1.16.3?

I’m not really a full fledged user of any linux OS (I am learning) so I am a bit competent when it comes to using linux OS. Does anyone know how to update the server itself as recently 1.16.3 just came out so wondering how we update the MineOS server itself and its web-ui.

I can’t really find anything on the wiki or should I say I don’t know what I am looking for. If I can be pointed in the right direction that would be great.

What you’re asking is actually not part of the MineOS setup. 1.16.3 is the Mojang server profile. When they release the updates; the Profile tab in the WebUI should have it. It may take a day or so, but no action is required.

On the other hand, you can update Turnkey (the OS) by using sudo apt updated and sudo apt upgrade. To update the commit for the WebUI, there is a Wiki page for that:
Updating the Webui

2 Likes

Ah I see thank you very much for the reply thats all I really needed.

I am curious about this too. Usually the WebUI shows the new release on the Profiles page. However, I’m still not seeing the 1.16.3 as an option to download. I can wait if all it takes is waiting, but I’m wondering if anyone else is seeing and it’s just my setup that has an issue, or if no one is seeing it through the WebUI.

In the webui, you can click on your username and select ‘refresh profile list’.

oh my goodness I had no idea. Thank you @hexparrot!

UPDATING MineOS WEB PANEL:

cd /usr/games/minecraft

git fetch

git merge origin/master

npm install --unsafe-perm

supervisorctl stop mineos

supervisorctl start mineos

Yup, 1.17 wouldn’t run on MineOS –

I used these steps to update Java - Then it worked.

First I had to install the add-apt-repository

then

Thank you, this helped me get updated to v17 :heart_eyes:

Made an account just to say Thank You! This worked for me.