How to update Java

I have java7 , and I’m trying to update it to java8 from a while, but it’s not working! everytime I try doing anything I get errors , can someone help me?
Here’s my java version : java version “1.7.0_79”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.6) (7u79-2.5.6-1~deb7u1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.79-b02, mixed mode)

I tried too many ways already. I would appericate if u can help me :slight_smile: Thanks!

Let us know what have you tried so far, so we can:

1. know what not to suggest
  2. guess what problems you’re running into
  3. see you’re making an authentic effort

I remember trying those 2

And

So, did you get errors or run into any problems?

We also don’t know what distro you’re attempting this on. As an example, if you installed from the MineOS Turnkey ISO, you’d already have Java 8. And if it’s just a normal Debian or Ubuntu installation, those linked instructions are known to work.

When you run into problems, the problem and the error output are critical pieces of information to share with us to figure it out.

Okey thanks, I’m going to give you the errors asap. Because its already night on where i live, and Im not using pc right now.

I think it’s solved right now, I will tell you if I got any other problem :slight_smile: Thanks!

When possible, please follow through to provide the errors/issues you get in greater detail even if you solve it (especially if you solve it). That way, these threads can be useful to users in the future, helping them determine whether or not they can follow the steps/solutions offered.