How to build spigot 1.18?

Hello guys, this is a bit of a dumb question but I’m done trying on my own.
In the past I have managed to get spigot servers up and running, but for some reason I can’t get it to work on 1.18. This is probably due to the fact that I am stupid. /s

I have the latest java, and I copied the latest buildtools over to my server.
Unfortunately, I forgot exactly what happens next. For some reason I can’t find any tutorials or other forum posts with a straight answer.

Can someone tell me what to do from here? What do I do with the buildtools.jar and buildtools-latest profile?

Please explain it to me like I’m 5. Thanks.

Hello,

• Click on Spigot on the left pane

• Click Download latest BuildTools.jar. Wait for it to complete, might have to refresh the page.

• Click Build Spigot next to the MC version you want. Wait for it to complete, might have to refresh the page.

• Pick the server you want to build spigot for on the dropdown at the top left (might have to select the server in the Dashboard first)

• Click Copy to Server

• Go to Server Status

• Under the Java Settings section, click the Change runnable jar file: dropdown menu

• The Spigot version you chose to build should appear in that list

Note: The Profiles dropdown menu does not matter in this case, it’s just visual and does not affect which Jar file the server uses.

Please let me know what step you get stuck on, if any. I can clarify the step(s) as needed.

-Solar

The spigot jar did not copy over to the server directory for whatever reason which turned out to be the issue, so I had to do it manually. Other than that it worked. Thank you!