ThermalDynamics-[1.7.10]1.1.0-161
ThermalFoundation-[1.7.10]1.2.3-112
TreeGrowingSimulator2014-MC1.7.10-0.0.3-22

mods .jar removed from 2.5.0 to 2.5.2:

CraftingTableIV-1.7.10-1.1Beta.82
ElecCore-1.7.10-1.4.176
UtilityMobs-1.7.10-3.1.1
xprings-0.1.1

nothing, i was trying out some stuff and copied all the mods from the server file into my own client and same error. What can I do?

check and see if you still have the ‘old’ skyfactory zip or jar file anyplace in your server, only the new ones can be there, even in the profiles folder.

EDIT: or in your client even. the ftb client will d/l a mod pack and if they don’t match it won’t work. you may have to modify the server to match the client in that case.

so, you still get error with only the 2ea u/l’s i gave and installed in the correct location with the correct permissions (CMOD)?

Yes, I am going to bed now…speak to you in the morning. cya and thanks for all.

not much luck getting a client to log in to the servers (2ea) i have running.

going for a nap and rip it all out and start over with 2.5.0.

after all the difference in mods as above are negligible and still should be a good game.

EDIT: found something so going to take another run at 2.5.2. news soon.

EDIT 2: sometimes it just better to sleep on it and you somehow get the answer when you wake up.

i got it. my 2.5.2 server is up and my ftb launcher is logged in and working perfectly. delete the files i u/l’d before. i am making new files that i guarantee will work for you and anyone who wants it.

i’m going to have to make a little step by step so u/l’s all in will still be a few hours more.

but the news and luck is good!

back soon.

tNt

hi again,

so we need to build or re-build a FTBSkyFactory 2.5.2 server. create a new one or use an old one it will not matter except for the server name you want to use, server config settings can be changed later.

step 1 prepare the server via SFTP. delete all the files in the ‘world’ folder, /var/games/minecraft/servers/(servername)

step 2 prepare the MineOS ‘profiles’ by d/l mojang 1.7.10 then in Feed The Beast drop down box ‘release type’ Show All and d/l the line item “FTBPresentsSkyfactory25-2.5.2 FTB Presents Skyfactory 2.5”, if you have not already.

step 3 prepare the server via SFTP. log in as ‘root’ and delete all the files in the folder /var/games/minecraft/profiles/FTBPresentsSkyfactory25-2.5.2 EXCEPT for the folder “local” and replace them with the files from this extracted archive: http://berryred.info/uploader/ssd/download/1465914388.rar d/l pw is 4u

NOTE: you should keep the folder “local” and not copy over the “local” folder provided AND while there edit the “eula.txt” from ‘false’ to ‘true’ and save change.

4u is the d/l pw, find and enter it in the box provided at the given url.

step 4 first run of server. select the mojang 1.7.10 in the ‘change profile to’ drop down. click ‘copy profile to live server files’ button. ‘change runnable jar’ to minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar, press the start button. let it finish the start cycle and stop it. change any server properties now if you wish. the only one i recommend is change ‘online-mode’ to false.

step 5 second run of server. ‘change profile’ to FTBPresentsSkyfactory25-2.5.2 and click ‘copy profile to live server files’ button. ‘change runnable jar’ to FTBServer-1.7.10-1614.jar, press the start button. let it finish the start cycle.

that’ll do pig, that’ll do. (ending to movie ‘Babe’.)

you shoud have a stable server up and running, now the hard part, lol.

step 6 launch an officially cracked FTB Client, select the ftb skyfactory 2.5.2 profile, make sure to update your mods pack (there should be a setting there to do that, on mine it is in ‘options’ tab). after it starts go to ‘multiplayer’ manually enter the ip issued to your server or if you see it broadcast there, (mine does not so i have to enter my ip manually) and join the server.

this worked for me anway and this should work for any FTB supported flavor that is not currently working in MineOS profiles.

i also have an archive i created from my server if anyone wants it. useless unless you have the correct profile as above though. it will NOT build a server that works for you if you use the profile d/l’d in the MineOS.

Good Luck!

tNt

Well, that DOES NOT work, I can do everything up to step 5, when i change the profile to skyfatory 2.5.2 and copy it over to server files, and change jar to ftb1.7.10 -1614, i hit start, and then like 5 secs later, it goes DOWN. I have no idea why.

Here is the mineos.log

Question: you’re not using the FreeNAS plugin are you?

@hexparrot, yes I am, why?

rats!

i can not read the last of your log, it seems to cut off at the end.

never mind, we still have one more shot at this.

i will assume when you got the server running last time, it was by using the archive.

and if i read Sir hexparrot correctly in another post, we can use the archive without any ‘profile’.

above is how i got a server running and assumed you could do it as well. you know what they say about ass/u/me.

ok, let me u/l the archive, link soon.

please prepare the server by deleting the FTBSkyFactory folder from your ‘prfiles’ folder as 'root and a new server will be created with the archive.

tNt

P.S. i never tried FreNAS so not sure if i am missing something about it.

i have had to split the archive and hope you will know how to deal with it.

the first part is here, d/l pw is 4u: http://berryred.info/uploader/ssd/download/1465959675.rar

again same pw for d/l 4u

u/l second file now and will need to be re-named to match the first file.

the first file needs to be re-named “1465959675.part1.rar” the second “1465959675.part2.rar”

and then extract as per normal, winrar will join the files.

best regards,

tNt

EDIT: 2nd file here, same d/l pw is 4u: http://berryred.info/uploader/ssd/download/1465963427.rar

main u/l’er page here: http://berryred.info/uploader/ssd/

after joining file will be 1.04gb.

instuctions: after extracting the archive, place in the “archive” folder as ‘mc’ not as ‘root’, create a server from that archive.

do nothing in the ‘profiles’ drop down box for now and change runnable jar to FTBServer-1.7.10-1614.rar until you can start the server.

i have to step out, when i get back i will try this again myself. so changes might be made to the instuctions agin.

Good Luck!

tNt

Well, surprisingly, that was a really good push towards the final goal, I can create a server, BUT i cannot choose any runnable jar, like i click it and it is empty. why?
If I choose the 1.7.10 profile, I can choose minecraft_server1.7.10 and i can log into the server and see all the mods and stuff (but when i try to craft something from the mods ie: not in vanilla, it wont let me, like i click it and it wont give it to me. also i DO NOT spawn in the tree like in skyfactory2.5, i spawn normal, like vanilla, and also there is a “V” next to the server name in the client, telling me its a vanilla world. what can i do?

not sure, are there issues with FreeNAS and MineOS?

update here: 2 ways to create this server. one is to u/l the .tgz. file to the “import” folder and the use the ‘import a server’ on the MineOS server status page.

two is to u/l the .tgz file into the “archive” folder and in MineOS server status page click ‘archives’ and then click ‘create server from archive’ in the ‘action’ drop down box.

both ways worked fine for me.

the server status page immediately showed the profile at top as “FTBPresentsSkyfactory25-2.5.2”, changed the runnable jar to FTBServer-1.7.10-1614.rar.

there was one slight problem when i tried to select the .jar, it would vanish before i could get to the ‘start’ button, lol.

i just logged out and back in to MineOS and selected it and it stayed.

clicked the start button and the server started. it did not crash.

i then loggen in with my FTB launcher with multiplayer, first time. no issues.

AFAIK, changing the profile to vanilla may prevent the “FTBPresentsSkyfactory25-2.5.2” profile from loading and since the “FTBPresentsSkyfactory25-2.5.2” profile is not in your profiles folder (or it should not be in this attempt), you might have to start over.

Keep Trying, it is worth it!

Rainbows, twinkling stars of different colors, this game is really pretty,lol.

tNt

this may be caused by not refreshing the server or profiles list. you can also try loggin out and back in of MineOS.

also of import is having your MineOS commit up to date.

what version of MineOS? 32 or 64bit? what is your commit? and did you git fetch the latest commit in the Turnkey console?

Keep it up, don’t give up, let’s whip this sucker into submission! ROTFL!

tNt

EDIT: stepping away for a few, have to strip meat off a chicken. hands will be messy.

OK tNt, I am going to install the turnkey 64bit using a virtual machine and seeing if using that instead of the mineos freenas plugin works. I will keep you updated. this is the version and PBI of the freenas plugin (9.3.5------mineos-9.3.5-amd64) i really want to get this working to play with my girlfriend after we finish the MCAT and DAT. :slight_smile: Thanks for all the help provided mate. you are AWESOME…ill post again in a few.

Edit #1: I installed the turnkey in a virtual machine, got the server up and running 1st try (put it in import and made it from there), the profile appeared at the top and changed runable jar to ftbserver, i got the server up and running and it stayed that way. Tried to log into the server using the ftb client and got the mod exception. NOW, I copied all the mods from the ones I put into the server into the FTB mods folder. launching now, ill update in a few.

that’s what i’m talkin’ about!

check for an “options” in the ftb launcher and look for ‘update mods pack’ or some such like d/l latest mods or ‘force mods update’.

well, I am please to announce that IT WORKED…!!! NICE…!!! altough i DO NOT spawn in the island as intended lol, any idea? anyways, THANKS MAN…! you have done an EXCELLENT JOB…! also, can i make a guide with everything we did here? like a really nice step by step dummy proof guide? i will OF COURSE credit all the work to you…!

1 Like

no problem, glad to help in any small way.

no credit needed, i do it because Sir hexparrot brought 1,000s of hours of fun for my 2 girls for free also.

knock yourself out helping your friends as well!

best regards,

tNt

P.S. no idea about an spawning on an island, perhaps one of those level-seed packs that you can get?

1 Like

AWESOME…! Thanks mate. I will give you credit anyways lol and sparrot for the turnkey. hmm, i still have to look into the island problem.

GOT IT…! I just had to make an “island” with the mod ftb islands, and teleport to it :slight_smile:

I am starting to make the guide now…ill keep you posted…

1 Like

im trying to get 2.5.6 to run but it just wont start the server it puts load on the server and its allocating the correct amount of ram beforehand but it stays down i am using (FTBPresentsSkyfactory25-2.5.6)