Getting a mod pack from curse

how do i get a modpack, for example StoneBlock, from curse and onto my MineOS system?

thank you

MineOS is simply a software front-end for starting Minecraft servers installed onto a standard Linux environment. What MineOS starts are server files loaded in the directories /var/games/minecraft/servers/[your servername].

In the case of stoneblock, it should be very much like other Feed-the-beast type packs. Here is one way (which is one of many), but likely the easiest:

1. download the server files to your desktop.
  2. using a file transfer program like Filezilla to copy that file to /var/games/minecraft/import
  3. open the webui and log in as your normal user (not root)
  4. Import the server through the “import a server” functionality on the left.
  5. Using a terminal session, log in as the same normal user
  6. Navigate to /var/games/minecraft/servers/[servername].
  7. Run the installation script provided in the pack (sh install.sh) or skip right through to the actual line: java -jar forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2768-installer.jar --installServer
  8. From the webui, accept the eula and start the server.

Again, because all MineOS does is function as a front-end, this could be done entirely on the host machine (no need to use a separate desktop, etc.)–and even the ‘import’ functionality is not neccesary–they are merely conveniences. However, for those getting their first modded server, I recommend the above steps.

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

the only problem is i can’t sign in as non root for some reason. when i was installing it, i was never prompted to create a web-ui password. can you help?

If you installed from the MineOS Turnkey ISO, then it asked you during installation to set the root password, then verify it, then set the mc password, then verify it.

If you’re able to log in as root, you can reset the mc password, or even create a brand new user to log in as.

If you installed MineOS as just the webui atop an existing distro, you’d again just use any other non-root user.

Thank you very much for your help

Start a new thread state what pack and version you are working with.