ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE after login

Hi,
yesterday i have started a small project i had laying on the shelf for quite some time. I’ve managed to get a quite beefed up UTM Hardware appliance and figured that it might be able to pose as a minecraft server. Searching through the web i’ve come across MineOS.

i have the most recent ubuntu server up & running

I’m at home in Windows and Powershell and my *nix skills are as basic as can be. So i’ve grabbed the tutorial and went along with that. After some mild hiccups here and there i’ve come accross the problem that i couldn’t login no matter what. redirected to the login again. I’ve then reencrypted the password and the login process went smoothly…

…i think?

it redirects me to server:8443/auth and gives me ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Reboot of the machine, restart of the service, reinstall of the software has not solve this problem

the mineos.log and mineos.auth.log seem good i get this message in mineos.log when restarting the server:

flippy@rootserver:~$ cat /var/log/mineos.log
{"level":"info","message":"Starting up server, using commit: f492bb7 Update Bedrock Profiles - Add 1.19 versions (#512)\n","timestamp":"2023-10-26T15:53:10.378Z"}

but i think that’s just informative

authlog is clean after the reencryption

this is from service status:

flippy@rootserver:~$ sudo systemctl status mineos.service
● mineos.service - Start MineOS minecraft front-end
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/mineos.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since Thu 2023-10-26 17:00:14 UTC; 16min ago
    Process: 1724 ExecStart=/usr/bin/node service.js start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 1731 (mineos)
      Tasks: 11 (limit: 9292)
     Memory: 29.2M
        CPU: 2.538s
     CGroup: /system.slice/mineos.service
             └─1731 mineos "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "">

Oct 26 17:00:13 rootserver systemd[1]: Starting Start MineOS minecraft front-end...
Oct 26 17:00:13 rootserver node[1724]: Starting mineos daemon...
Oct 26 17:00:14 rootserver node[1724]: mineos daemon started. PID: 1731
Oct 26 17:00:14 rootserver systemd[1]: Started Start MineOS minecraft front-end.

are there more logs that i can take a look at?

java version:

flippy@rootserver:~$ java -version
openjdk version "21.0.1" 2023-10-17
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 21.0.1+12-29)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 21.0.1+12-29, mixed mode, sharing)
flippy@rootserver:~$

npm install had some issues with security stuff but it went through without errors so i’m ignoring this for now

flippy@rootserver:/usr/games/minecraft$ sudo npm install

up to date, audited 579 packages in 13s

2 packages are looking for funding
  run `npm fund` for details

49 vulnerabilities (1 low, 12 moderate, 26 high, 10 critical)

To address issues that do not require attention, run:
  npm audit fix

To address all issues possible (including breaking changes), run:
  npm audit fix --force

Some issues need review, and may require choosing
a different dependency.

Run `npm audit` for details.

I’ve checked the owner and permissions for all the necessary and they came back correct. and from what i understand this should make problems only later when i actively interact with the ui right?

full disclosure here:

i have installed a CS 1.6 dedicated server under a seperate user (steam) and have up and running. i’m only saying this in case this has anything to do with my problem because, again, i’m not the brightes linux commandline wizard

edit:

for testing purposes i’ve already disabled ssl and set the port to 80, restarted the service and tried unencrypted with the same outcome