Dragonet ( http://dragonet.org/ ) develops a server bridge that allows Minecraft PE clients connect to a Minecraft PC server (vanilla, bukkit and so on). It is still in development for PE 1.14, and only supports the 1.8.9 PC server (which kinda defeats bukkit that do not have a 1.8.9).
Dragonet also supports logging on to MCPC (Mojang) accounts, but this means MCPE users have to enter their Mojang username and password in a chat passthrough (I assume it gets filtered so that whats typed in do not show up in chat). I havent tested this though, since my primary PE users are my niece and nephews, where not all of them have mojang accounts.
This is how to set up a dragonet bridge:
(AKA how I did it)
1. create a 1.8.9 vanilla server. Start it, then stop it again.
2. Edit vanilla server server.properties (can be done in WebUI)
- set the server IP to :127.0.0.1 '
- set online mode to false
- set whitelist to true
- edit any other settings to what you feel they should be, take care to note what port your server uses''
3. start the server again
4. remember to add all users you want to access the server to your whitelist. (In WebUI: Open log, use the command "whitelist add [username]" on the bottom of the log where you are allowed to enter commands.
5. go to https://github.com/DragonetMC/DragonProxy/releases and download the latest pre-release
6. in WebUI: Create a new server, mark it "not a standard server".
7. transfer the file you downloaded to the new (not standard) server you just created
8. start, then stop your server
9. SSH into your MineOS server, go to /var/games/minecraft/servers/[servername of not standard server created above]
10. edit the file "config.yml"
- under "my_pc_server" : set remote_addr = 127.0.0.1
- under "my_pc_server" : set remote_port = [port to vanilla server created above]
- under "server authentication modes" : set mode = offline
- (remember to change udp_bind_port to your prefered port, it is default set to 19132)
11. start this server as well.
' yep, localhost, you do not want any external users to connect directly, at least if you run in a offline way to let MCPE users to conect without having to use username/pass)
'' standard: 25565
You need both servers, both the vanilla, and the dragonet proxy server to run at the same time.
After testing, I can now access a fully fledged 1.8.9 vanilla server with my android PE client. The Windows 10 PE beta client failed to connect (claims outdated client).