Confused with the root login

Recently, I have been trying to build a minecraft server using an old pc that I own. After running it for a day, I realized that there was more in a server than I knew. I started looking at remote ssh access with PuTTY, but then I realized that I need root to access most of the files. I think that I set a login, but I completely forgot it and am desperately searching for help. Anything would be appreciated. I am using mineos turnkey, but I put it in unclassified because I am unsure of whether or not this is a turnkey-based issue. Thanks!

will this work?

Get into the jail shell. You need to do this using Firefox or any other explorer, it CANNOT be Google Chrome, because we need to press specific macro keys that would otherwise close the Google Chrome.
Type “passwd”, hit enter, and type a password of your choice for the root user (write it down).
Type “pkg upgrade”, hit enter, and type “y” to anything that comes up.
Type “pkg install nano”, hit enter, and type “y” to anything that comes up.
Type “nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config”, hit enter.
Press “Ctrl+W”, type “PermitRootLogin” and using the Left and Right keys in the keyboard to navigate, delete the “#” at the beginning of that line, and set it from “no->yes”.
Press “Ctrl+W”, type “PasswordAuthentication” and using the Left and Right keys in the keyboard to navigate, delete the “#” at the beginning of that line, and set it from “no->yes”.
Press “Ctrl+X”, type “y” and hit Enter to save all the changes made.
Type “clear”. And press Enter.
Type “sysrc sshd_enable=yes”, and press enter.
Type “service sshd onestart”, and press enter.
Type “exit”, and press enter to leave the shell.
After all that, you should be able to use a software like WinSCP to get into the server files.

A few examples/reasons why are shown below; you can expand each example/reason to view the full post.

The only reasons one should be using root is to update the webui, open/close ports for use via IPtables, and to update and install/remove software/packages from the system. Everything else can be done without root. If you still do wish to proceed, you may take a look at allowing root login on the official wiki page.