[Closed] Old world-file crashes after a very long history of messing around

You know your options its up to you i guess as to what you do.

Ive been working with Linux for a while now. I can easily re-install the Host OSā€¦ I mentioned that im doing this whole operation on a complete duplicate host machine from my main server host machine.

ā€”You quoting meā€”

I ended my first post with that quote (from me) being the [Real Fix] to my problem. Iā€™ve re-installed the Host OS before. Iā€™ve re-installed my main tower and gaming laptop a number of times the same wayā€¦ again. I know what iā€™m doing. Iā€™m sorry if my question seemed novice in the beginningā€¦ but iā€™m new to the forums and to asking for help in general.

I see Linux as a two tier system
1 - Your actual Data and Information (files,folders,pictures, etc)
2 - The system your computer is running (host machine, os, specs)

This MineOS system seems no different in thatā€¦ If I have all the files saved and backed up, and I can re-install the OS, then everything should workā€¦ This was your first idea for what I should do, and also what I said Iā€™ve done before (but using mc instead of root)

Thatā€™s basically what I just did. I have done it before. This time I actually stuck with the MC acctā€¦ and after pushing in the new region/data files I changed the perms to chown -R mc:mc /servers /archive /backup (see above).

Now after I did what you suggestedā€¦ the latest.log and scheduling are still not working properly.

Its basically functional right now, except crontab & console/logs, and Im going to keep building.

Any advice on this?

I can understand how frustrating it can be do deal with an issue like mine. but I am in front of the machine and I can show you any logs, files, command outputs, or anything you need if it will help.

If I cant be helped nowā€¦ Ill only pop up again later with a similar, and possibly worse, situation

Im still very appreciative on how helpful this forum is and has been in the past. I know youā€™re all doing your best.

Im basically at a good point I can keep it working for a while (i think). But I will likely return with another error.

Btwā€¦ The pastebins of the MineOS file iā€™ve posted (both old and new) were posted with a 1 month expiration, just fyi.

[Edit]
This post has been edited for clarity and adding quotes near the start relaying older quotes

This is what i am getting at. An 10 years old instance means there is going to be many factor xā€™s which means parameters we donā€™t know about and i think the thread is much more long winded than it needs to be in reality.

You sound like you know what you can do but it took us this long to get here idk man i just think it would be wise to start fresh at this point for two reasons.

One the thread has become to long winded and out of context making the thread hard to read
two its just easier because factor X keeps popping up.

People can only help troubleshoot from an already limited bias so if you keep throwing factor X to the equation slowly over time like i said the search party is a few miles off of the proper location already and right from the start.

Im sorry it has gotten so long winded and I do thank you for your attention in trying to help me.

But it seems like this should be somewhat cut and dried.
I refreshed an entirely new Host machine with the most up-to-date MineOS.
Started a new Flat World, Pushed the region/data files to that new server folder, changed permissions of those files to the mc acct, and yet two specific features of the WebUI arent working.

My Mineos.log file is still outputting properlyā€¦ just not the regular log files.

Should I start a new thread? How can I help you to help me?

I still know what Iā€™m doing but, What can I do to make those specific problems stop?

[Edit]
Forgive me Notch, for I have sinned

its probably going to be better if you make a new thread because i didnā€™t even know you reinstalled until right now.

Re reading a lot of this you are hard to follow at times and there is to much padding you are also doing some stuff that many people would consider as ā€œno-noā€ that i am just seeing now i see in some of your earlier threads you are messing with the game world and having issues with that at the same time you are trying to figure out MineOS issues.

you need to focus on fixing stuff not creating more problems focus on one area fix that then tackle the next part. Split stuff up into sections and tackle each section instead of trying to fix multiple things at once.

I think this is all kinds of dog house atm. Really i am not trying to be aggressive.

Just start a new thread seeing as you just said now that you have reinstalled MIneOS just now and if you said this in the past then i missed that because the thread is hard to read atm.

ill write a new thread, even though I brought up (last night) that I had a duplicate machine and considered reinstalling the OS (in my OP)

Ill make sure to clarify that i know my way around a linux system and ill also link to this post (as reference to anyone who wants the whole backstory of how I got here)

Thanks for all the input so far, The machine is functional but not working in its entirety.

I hope to hear from the elders in the near futureā€¦

Should I edit the title of this post to say ā€œContinued Elsewhereā€ or something?

Ill post the new thread tomorrow

That is what happens when there is to much padding and you have an amalgamation of problems people external to you miss stuff.

Example this is a lot of ā€œpaddingā€ and is also out of context from the original question stuff like this is also adding a lot of confusion because its much simpler than all of this.

It really is simple just start from a fresh install like you have just done if you are having issues after that start a new thread because the grounds have changed and this whole thread is ā€œold.logā€ now.

im new to the forum so i tried to make that post as clear as possible. I will shorten my info on the next thread but still add what is relevant . This thread will be linked as reference as well because i think that padding is called context, and the ideas I had about moving forward were never answeredā€¦ I just moved forward with Idea 3 on the duplicate Host.

I will edit title to [Unfinished] and link back here in the next thread
/Thread

[Edit]
IDK how to change the Post Titleā€¦ can a higher-up please edit it to say something to the effect of [Unresolved] or [Closed]

Is there a message about the latest log not updating?

Do you have enough hdd space?

[responding to ElPres]

The latest.log seemed to stop working after I moved the /var/games/minecraft/servers/ServerTwo /regions and /data
I didnt transfer any of the Dim1 or Dim-1 folders as it was a brand new Flat-World that I copied the files into after the 2nd Host install

The most recent mineos.log file was populating and saving properly, its linked above. This is after my 2nd Host fresh install and file transfer (see above)

Both twin Hosts have more than 150GB HDD space & I swapped the RAM to the 2nd Host so the system is basically the same as the 1st Host. (New Ram triggered a system check which passed 100% before the MineOS was installed on the machine)

/thread
/thread