Can't start server

rsync: change_dir "/var/games/minecraft/servers/Vanilla//1.8.5" failed: No such file or directory (2)

rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1052) [sender=3.0.9]

It means you haven’t updated your profile (i.e., it hasn’t downloaded anything and can’t copy the profile upon starting the server).

downloading also throws an error. So i am not actually able to download a jar file through the client.

What error does it throw?

Can you confirm your system has internet access? From your other post, it seems you have a more complex setup than simply a server vm on a host (what with your virtual NAT and IP filtering).

Web Ui access doesn’t imply internet access to the vm, it may only imply proper access to the host plus dmz or packet filtering, so let me know.

Never could get the whole VM setup working. So right now its fairly simple.

Temporarily installed on the host OS but it seems like after every error message the webui throws I have to reboot the whole physical machine… So this will not be a fun thing to troubleshoot… (have tried stopping and restarting the service but it will not stop -.- )