Can't install MINEOS turnkey

Now that I’m re-reading, I realize how extra bizarre it is to be crashing at the partition manager, rather than what most people’s experience is, which is it failing to boot the media at all.

Seeing as how you’re getting that far, the ISO-to-USB method is probably moot at this point. The difference between an incompatible flash drive imaging (e.g., not DD mode, etc.) should be whether it boots anything, or nothing.

With it loading that far, it’s much more likely that the partitioning of the drive is causing issues (follow @Ank post above) or that MineOS Turnkey doesn’t have the support for the system you’re installing on (driver, etc.). The good news is that most certainly a lot of distros do, and for each of them, you can install MineOS.

To that end, it would probably take 1/10th the time to install Ubuntu server and do the installation of the webui.

I am not entirely sure either but i do recall this happening to me in the past like maybe a few years back all i can remember is i spent time trying to debug the issue in live media trying to find the problem trying various flashing programs etc. I recall not really knowing why it was happening because everything looked uniform but i think formatting from the live terminal fixed it. It would get to 100% but would not complete the partitioning.

I think this was not even on MineOS turnkey either and i feel like i was doing something else unrelated but again fuzzy on it.

and i recall roughly having to use terminal because the GUI for what ever reason was bugging out like it wouldn’t save any partition changes via GUI idk exactly but i just remember that i had to do live media.

Do you have a script to configure it like you had before? I was looking for debian or Ubuntu server 22.

Ubuntu Server 22.04.1 and Debian -11.5.0 so if you got a script to do it since i was having issues going this way as well.

What are the new issues? The wiki is all you need to follow wiki

Common problem for recent distros that want to run MineOS is yescrypt.

Ubuntu Server 22.04.1

I just ran into this when following the guild.

The highlighted part is when I put in that gave me this error.

I’m running this all through putty.

you need elevated rights to do that.
Use “sudo -s” first, then “npm install” again

1 Like

I’m in root mode right now after I did “sudo -i” you can even see it in the picture I posted last.

Well, it seems your commands are sent as a non root user:

strange indeed check the ownership of that directory? i mean root should be system wide but idk maybe something is messed up here? you cannot even mkdir either which means there is a permission problem.

Did this work because I can’t tell. pic

yes

nvm lol my bad its late here ok but yeah it worked

1 Like

It was having issues doing that and the site acts weird this morning. around 7 in the morning CST.

I couldn’t post or view and the site acted like it was down.

i have seen that happen my bad i mentioned it in a thread a while back evey time i wanted to upload a picture the website would kick me for 2o minutes each time.

You can also do the audit too it says down the bottom

ok to get back on topic I’ll finish up the set up when i get home.

i think i got it.

im going to give it a reboot to see if eveything works.

well its a ghost town with those profiles

Often it takes a few moments to load. You can look at the mineos logs (access via CLI /var/logs/) to check for errors.

well errors are in the log